• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    With all the popcorn eaten on INGO I thought it only right to show our appreciation for National popcorn day.

National Popcorn Day: A bagful of (unbuttered) facts | The Seattle Times

Im not much of an expert on the crunchie goodness. I pretty much eat what ever brand is in the Tupperware container marked popcorn. Just throw it in the microwave and hit the popcorn button.

What say ye popcorn connoisseurs. What's your favorite popcorn?

Im gonna have some while I wait.

:popcorn:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Spouse usually pops up some Orville's. Crisco, real butter, ample salt.....................:drool:

Oh thats sounds delish.

I tried to to pop one of the jiffy pop foil covered thing a ma jigs on a campfire.
    I turn that foiled contraption into a chunk of lava.

I rate the burnt popcorn smell right up there with some of the worst smells.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Oh thats sounds delish.

I tried to to pop one of the jiffy pop foil covered thing a ma jigs on a campfire.
    I turn that foiled contraption into a chunk of lava.

I rate the burnt popcorn smell right up there with some of the worst smells.

I can't even eat popcorn anymore because of this. Where I used to work, people were always burning it in the break room microwave and now, even the smell of unburnt popcorn makes me a little nauseous. :(

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Popcorn cooked in bacon grease, with salt, no butter. Adding butter is too much as the bacon grease is pretty heavy as is, doesn't need much salt either.

I have a container in the fridge just for saving the grease anytime bacon is cooked. The grease is also good for making wilted spinach salad, but it is mostly for popcorn.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Popcorn cooked in bacon grease, with salt, no butter. Adding butter is too much as the bacon grease is pretty heavy as is, doesn't need much salt either.

I have a container in the fridge just for saving the grease anytime bacon is cooked. The grease is also good for making wilted spinach salad, but it is mostly for popcorn.
    MIL used to use bacon grease for popcorn.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

We save the grease as well but never used it for popcorn.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Thanks guys since I just plopped down on the couch after working all night. Now I'm craving pop corn...maybe I will have some while I watch the inauguration (mostly since there won't be much else on) this morning. Oh I'm not pop corn brand loyal by any means but it does have to be quite buttery and could careless about the salt

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks guys since I just plopped down on the couch after working all night. Now I'm craving pop corn...maybe I will have some while I watch the inauguration (mostly since there won't be much else on) this morning. Oh I'm not pop corn brand loyal by any means but it does have to be quite buttery and could careless about the salt

There has to be a canned sprite over ice involved.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    My grandson had a project for school to celebrate the first 100 days of the school year.
    His project was to glue 100 things on a board.

My Grandson and Mrs Gluemanz28 decided to use popcorn :faint:
    I suggested using macaroni noodles instead of wasting yummy popcorn. I was over ruled once again.

They wouldn't even give up a handful. They said they wanted to make sure they had enough first then I could have what's left.

Nope! I'm not eating cold popcorn.

So I made my own :popcorn:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    We save the grease as well but never used it for popcorn.

Well, now you know!

bacon.gif
    + :popcorn: = :cool:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I have a 4 quart saucepan that was old when I was a toddler. Cheap aluminum pan with a bottom that has been bowled out for some time. This has been the family popcorn pan for 50 years or so. The rounded bottom provides a center area for the oil and kernels to sit with maximum heat while the unpopped lay in the cooler surround. Olive oil, a little salt and occasionally some white cheddar topping.

Top Bottom