• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    'Homeland' takes a left turn? New season focuses on Muslim civil rights, female president-elect's CIA battles | Fox News

...The sixth season, which premiered on Sunday, features former CIA officer Carrie Mathison (Claire Danes) disillusioned by the war on terrorism and returning home to the United States with daughter Frannie to head up a non-profit in Brooklyn that defends American Muslims...

...Former "Homeland” fan, right wing icon Rush Limbaugh noticed the change, telling his radio audience on Jan. 16 that the show was previously driven by showing Mathison as "the number one warrior on the march trying to end militant Islamic terrorism … But … she now, in season six … runs a center to help people understand Islam and Muslims, and that they are not terrorists and that they are unfairly characterized and unfairly pursued … She's done a 180. She's joined forces with people who believe that pursuit is discriminatory and bigoted and racist.”

...Although showrunner and co-creator Alex Gansa said that the show’s writers work “incredibly hard” to make the series “politically agnostic,” it has always dealt with current events.

Promoting the new season, Gansa recently admitted to The Hollywood Reporter, "My first reaction [to Donald Trump's win] was, 'Oh my god, we are now counterfactual to the point of being irrelevant.'

"I think the election result was as much of a shock to us as it was to the rest of the country. To say that we took it calmly would be a complete lie," Gansa said.

But Gansa concluded that "’Homeland,’ after all, is fiction … So we just stuck to our guns."

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Yet another reason to know that it's the right choice to watch almost zero TV.
    Other than "Deadliest Catch," the only thing worth watching in terms of non-news shows are historical or science or nature shows.
    DC at least celebrates what it is to be a real man.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Let's be real, despite all the PCs going around, we know that not all muslims are terrorist right? Same thing with gun owners, not all of us are gangbangers/illegal gun owners.

Maybe that's what the show is trying to say to the uninformed public, not to make blanket judgement on certain demographics. Just like how it was back then in US-Japan war, the Japanese immigrants were dealing the same situation as the muslims nowadays.

FWIW, I don't watch homeland.

MikeBrennan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2016
    Indiana
    True, but we locked them up in concentration camps anyway.

Yes, I am well aware.

I think of this when I hear Muslims complain of their "discrimination".

Peaceful people who did no harm were treated much worse...and for things that were not justified...not that it made it right.

Top Bottom