• ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Iraqi Kurdish fashionistas make a splash - BBC News

_93684481_mrerbil_threechaps_040117_rawakurdi.jpg

The group calls itself Mr Erbil, after the capital of the autonomous Kurdish region in northern Iraq that has been at the frontline of the struggle against the militants of the Islamic State (IS) group...Mr Erbil sees itself as something almost akin to a movement representing young Iraqi Kurds who are looking for a better life and want to promote Kurdish culture to the world.

The group even hopes to effect social change and challenge traditional attitudes, particularly on women's rights.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Meanwhile, in Indiana, everyone is wearing camo pants, stained t-shirts and crocs. These guys aren't wearing stuff that's all that hipster. Compared to what I see on a daily basis, it looks pretty classy to me.

Except for the gloves. I hate gloves.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Yeah, and you can't see their shoes (are they Vans?) or enough of their pants to tell if they're skinny jeans. I'll withhold judgment as to their hipster status.
    I think skinny jeans are the red line.

I'm not big into gloves, and even I moved on from a pocket watch. (When I worked construction I actually used a pocket watch because I beat up the wrist watches so badly. Now with smart phones, watches seem less and less relevant.) I like the middle guy's jacket, though.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I think skinny jeans are the red line.

I'm not big into gloves, and even I moved on from a pocket watch. (When I worked construction I actually used a pocket watch because I beat up the wrist watches so badly. Now with smart phones, watches seem less and less relevant.) I like the middle guy's jacket, though.
    amen! Skinny jeans is a threat to manhood

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    You'd expect this with the generation after freedom was gained. These 20-somethings were little kids when Saddam assumed room temperature. The Peshmerga (Kurdish Military) are bad dudes who don't drop their weapons and ditch their uniforms at the first sign of trouble. Hopefully that Kurdish tradition continues.

Top Bottom