• ...and so much more!
  • ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    at 52 just had to get glasses for the first time and there is a whole new world out there.......things aren't fussy any more and can see up close without readers.....

no line bifocals are hard to get use to......makes you high step a little...:)

can see sights now and the target!!!!......my shooting is like when i was in my 20's!!!!......

glasses are good!!!!.....:rockwoot:

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I still do the Fred Sanford thing with various glasses, going to have to admit defeat one of these days.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    i fought it from the time i needed readers at 43.....just break down and go to the Bedford walmart vision center.......one stop shop......great people......in 5 to 10 days you can see your sights again!!!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I take the low power readers and knock the left lens out, looks stupid, but it works with most handguns. Rifles with irons get peeps and I hunt with scopes. When I shoot with both hands I'm really just pointing because once the gun in my left hand moves a little off to the left, the left eye masters.

tetter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    United States
    I take the low power readers and knock the left lens out, looks stupid, but it works with most handguns. Rifles with irons get peeps and I hunt with scopes. When I shoot with both hands I'm really just pointing because once the gun in my left hand moves a little off to the left, the left eye masters.

You are talking about shooting two guns at once, correct?

evo2125

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    indianapolis
    Welcome to group. I've had glasses since I was 19. I like them cause I can see better specially at night. Just hate wearing them during summer cause of sweat. They tend to get dirty and more cleaning involved.

MCINDIANA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Michigan City
    I had my eyes operated on for cataracts last year. I wore contacts lens since I was 18. After the cataract operation with corrective lens inserted, I see everything in high definition ... Plus 20 15 vision! Now2, I only need reading glasses for close up reading. This was the best operation ever, quick, painless and instant results. Greatly improved my shooting abilities.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Welcome to the club ..... Wear them all the time .....

I have had mine for close to 15 years .....

Get examined EVERY year, and new ones, every 2 .....

Unless directed otherwise, by the Doc .....

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I had my eyes operated on for cataracts last year. I wore contacts lens since I was 18. After the cataract operation with corrective lens inserted, I see everything in high definition ... Plus 20 15 vision! Now2, I only need reading glasses for close up reading. This was the best operation ever, quick, painless and instant results. Greatly improved my shooting abilities.

My wife had hers done last year. Her experience is much like yours. She said it was like someone turned the rest of the lights on. :D

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Hipster...

But really I felt like it was like going from regular TV to HD.
    Side note I've meant to ask does anyone know a good place to get good prescription shooting glasses? I hate having to shoot either without my prescription or with regular glasses.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Hipster...

But really I felt like it was like going from regular TV to HD.
    Side note I've meant to ask does anyone know a good place to get good prescription shooting glasses? I hate having to shoot either without my prescription or with regular glasses.

my glasses i got are a safety glass plastic that are shatter resistant so i guess they are fine for shooting......i made it clear to them that with the work i do and shooting eye protection was a must and they said they would work just fine......

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    my glasses i got are a safety glass plastic that are shatter resistant so i guess they are fine for shooting......i made it clear to them that with the work i do and shooting eye protection was a must and they said they would work just fine......

I was looking more for something more dedicated toward shooting. I could get shatter resistant lenses for my frames but they're thicker and don't lend themselves well to earmuffs or rifle butts.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I started out about 8-9 years ago with glasses. They were just readers on the bottom and clear on top.

I got tired of never being able to find one of the fifty pair of readers I had scattered everywhere.

There was an adjustment getting used to them navigating stairs but the no line were much easier than my company provided safety glasses lined bi-focals.

When I put my glasses on for the first time my eyes felt comfort. Kind of like sitting in my recliner and lifting my legs up to rest after a long day.

I'm still working through finding the best option for shooting. My optometrist has even tried to assist my by making me a set of glasses where the reader portion got stronger faster as I tilted my head up. I tried them for about two weeks but couldn't get used to them, so they re-made them for no charge.

Top Bottom