Best place for replacement car window in Indy area?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Some turd decided to bust the window out of my step-daughter's SUV in Fountain Square last night. I guess what she had in the car wasn't worth taking because nothing is missing. Looking for suggestions of where she can take it. Does Safelite do windows or just windshields? The car is a 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe I believe.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    My daughter left here purse in the car when she first started driving. It was at Walmart and some jack wagon busted out the window to steal a 16 yr olds purse. All he got was some makeup and a couple tampons.

I got stuck replacing the window in her Dodge Neon.

I told her to not leave anything in the car and just leave it unlocked.
    She wanted a stereo put in it. Nope not doing that either.

If you catch the DB just skip the curb stomp and Thunder punch that dude in the throat.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    I don't have a recommendation but the busted window thing seems to be an epidemic in the Indy area this year. My sister in law's subdivision got hit outside Avon. Heard of a few more too. Same thing though, nothing taken in fact they didn't even get in the car. Just walking around busting windows.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Since, I Paid for the replacement window myself, I used Glass Masters on west 38th St. Windshield wasn't in stock (older car) but they had it next day. Quick efficient install 120 $ but that was the more expensive tinted windshield.

Glass Masters Auto Glass

5353 W 38Th St
    Indianapolis, IN 46254

This was for a windshield

Last edited:

GregD

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    Some turd decided to bust the window out of my step-daughter's SUV in Fountain Square last night. I guess what she had in the car wasn't worth taking because nothing is missing. Looking for suggestions of where she can take it. Does Safelite do windows or just windshields? The car is a 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe I believe.

I checked with Safelite and they do window also. Hope this was the info you needed.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I don't have a recommendation but the busted window thing seems to be an epidemic in the Indy area this year. My sister in law's subdivision got hit outside Avon. Heard of a few more too. Same thing though, nothing taken in fact they didn't even get in the car. Just walking around busting windows.
    My Ben Davis H.S. neighborhood was hit by the pellet gun jerks Christmas/ New Year week and again Tuesday night. They don't get into the cars, just shoot out windows. I'm guessing same kids as you reference.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Since, I Paid for the replacement window myself, I used Glass Masters on west 38th St. Windshield wasn't in stock (older car) but they had it next day. Quick efficient install 120 $ but that was the more expensive tinted windshield.

Glass Masters Auto Glass

5353 W 38Th St
    Indianapolis, IN 46254

This was for a windshield

That is where a friend told her to take it and I think they quoted her a good price.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom