Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah, Debit card ONLY!
    Credit sucks!
    Reasoning?

I prefer a level of insulation from my purchasing and my actual money, given the level of fraud and such. And I've never carried a balance.

I've been happy with Discover Card for about twenty years. However, it's not the best if traveling oversees so I have a Visa card - NRA, actually, with the Bank of Omaha.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I have a Chase Freedom....but then, my money is at Chase- no fees.

It's nice to have the flexibility of credit cards. Incurring interest is 100% within my control, and I'm fine with that.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I use an Amazon card for most purchases. The cash back rewards are good.

AA citibank for travel, but will cancel if they don't waive the fee each year. Good for travel, no foreign transaction fee. USAA if you're eligible. Good travel card but not as good cash back as Amazon card.

JBP239

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    Danville
    We only have one credit card and it's always paid up. I also like to have a buffer between my purchasing and actual money to protect from fraud so we don't use the debit card very much.

We use a GM Family First card because my father in law is retired from GM which makes us eligible for the GM family discount. This card allows you to combine your credit card earnings with the GM family discount. We usually buy a new car every 5-10 years and use the earnings.

Outlaw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Cornfield east of Indy
    Navy Federal has pretty good cards. So far they've been pretty safe. I have a Capitol one card I use strictly for fuel purchases. I have been burned a couple times using the debit card at the pump.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    I do absolutely zero credit. If I could redo one home purchase I would. I have no intention of being a slave to any lender. I actually quite enjoy this but a forum is gonna suck for so much potential information

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    A debit card will do everything a credit card will. I bank with Chase and every issue I've had was resolved quickly.

[video=youtube;aoTZ5KEV33Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoTZ5KEV33Q[/video]

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Only one person can enslave you with debt. You. I've had credit cards since I was 18 (27 years ago). Credit cards are a tool, nothing more. You can hit yourself with a hammer, or build things with it.

Top Bottom