What was something you always wanted,and could finally afford as an adult.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Shamelessly stolen from ARFCOM. (I just read there, they are too mean and grumpy for me). Doesn't have to be firearm related, just something that you seriously pined for. I got a kick out of the guy that wanted a chainsaw since he was 9 years old. I can relate to that............ I'd keep an eye on him.
    I always wanted a 1903 Springfield. Grandpa that lived in Idaho had one in a saddle scabbard. Yes, I did open the bolt when I was about 9 or 10 years old. An angel was on my shoulder that day, I didn't close it. I ratted myself out. Stern talking to ensued. (thought I was gonna get IT big time).
    What neat thing or things did you spent your adult money on?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    On the firearms front, I haven't really splurged on much, My wife has told me a few times to get the handgun I've been ogling, but I just haven't taken the plunge.

My guilty pleasure, where all my $$$ and time go, are my Jeeps. Getting ready to drop another chunk on the current project.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    The Mrs. has been very generous by letting me add a few to the handgun collection, but really not that many (but I guess that's a subjective matter, right?:):).

Also, I picked up another project car, an older ford.

So really not all that much, but we would not have felt comfortable spending so much earlier.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The real answer is, i probably had more "free" money to blow as a kid. kids always look at adults and adulthood with huge eyes and picture this far unlimited wallet of money and free will. When in reality it's expensive as hell to pay for your own **** and survive!
    live up childhood! it's the only freebies in life you're gonna get. If someone gives you $20, save at least $10 of it and repeat.

i think for me I have guns now that I couldn't even have dreamed I'd have when I had been 18. Some of that has to do with the assault weapons ban that now is gone.

So narowig it down to one thing, I'd say a talking cell phone watch lol. As a kid I couldn't imagine the sweet technology we have now

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Lol exactly. I would have been 5 deep as a teen if I had the bankroll lol.
    As you get older and realize how easy it is to get laid I can't imagine paying for it, nor wanting to deal with (listen to) 5 women at once.
    Oh Brother, you pay for it still! In the immortal words of Charlie Sheen, "I didn't pay them for sex, I paid them to leave when we we're done"!

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    As a kid I always wanted to fly….dad and I would look at old magazines of some machine made of lawn mower parts and wings that could take flight. Always wanted to make a contraption that would take me into the are and fly over the swamps, lakes and fields around my house….often dreamed of what that would be like. Around 1999 after a divorce I saw a ad in auto RV for a flight lesson in a powered parachute….I had been in the Army on helicopters and had sky dived also so I signed up and took a hour course and same day took my first flight….WOW. Couple months later got a loan and bought a kit and put it together myself and flew that over the place I grew up as a kid for several years. DSC02451.jpg

DSC02450.jpg

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    When a boy scout, I received in the mail some kind of scouting magazine with lots of ads in the back. One was for a fold up kayak that came in a bag and you just put it together and away you went on your favorite pond. So finally I found a used one in good condition, bought it, used it for a few years, and now it sits mostly unused in the garage as I don't get out as much now. Who thought retirement was a time to relax and do more. Sure...do more honey do lists and repairs to a 60 year old house and grounds, garden, etc.
    Sheesh!

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Kid me was an idiot. All I wanted back then was every single knife and sword in the catalog (and I don't even remember what catalog it was anymore).

I do have a lot of knives now, but none of them are $120 three-sword sets.

Top Bottom