How to get court transcripts from a trial?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I am looking for court transcripts, or even the incident reports and medical examination/autopsy information from a fatal hit and run that happened in Indianapolis around 9-10 years ago. (I was not involved)

I have tried MyCase and DoxPop but all it gives is a party name, case number, and running record of events in that trial... not the details I am looking for.

Lots of sites offer to sell me random stuff but I don't know which to trust.

Can I get some help please?...

Last edited:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Go to the clerk of the court where the trial was held. Ask if the transcript is ready yet,they are taken in a shorthand that the recorder tends to know exclusively and needs time to translate into readable English. (at least in my experience).

In any case you fill out a form, pay a fee and wait for them to mail it to you. Pretty easy really and it isn't a big deal, fees are generally low for them and you will have the transcript before too long.

Might also find it online at the court's website, they ar usually public, and can get it there too. Probably can call and ask as well what the different ways you can get a copy.

Top Bottom