• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    I wish people would be more considerate In a parking lot.

When a person is backing out of a space in a small vehicle, while big vans or SUV'S are next to them, said person cannot see if there are cars coming down the isle. Even if you back out slowly to give people a heads up so they can see you, they dont care. It would be nice if people had the thought that the person backing out can't see them and it would be cool if they'd hang back for a moment and let the person back out.

I understand that the cars in the isles have the right of way, I'm just asking for some consideration. It doesn't matter if you have the right of way or not, be decent or we will both have dinged up cars.

I personally am always vigilant in a parking lot and allow space for people to maneuver. I loose very little time and it's just the nice thing to do.

BTW, I try to pull forward if possible or back in, but people are often too inconsiderate to allow space for people to back in.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I hate the jackwagons that pull through from the opposite side of the row and take your spot even though they see you starting to turn into it, and had a perfectly good spot where they pulled into first. Gotta save those 3 extra steps and get closer apparently!

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I hate the jackwagons that pull through from the opposite side of the row and take your spot even though they see you starting to turn into it, and had a perfectly good spot where they pulled into first. Gotta save those 3 extra steps and get closer apparently!

I always try to pull through so I'm facing out if I can. Not to take a spot from someone nor would I do it if I saw another wanting to pull in the spot. It was on the last online defensive driving course required by my company in order to drive a company car. They gave a statistic on the percentage of accidents backing out of a parking spot. I don't remember the number (the test was multiple guess) but it was pretty high.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Just to review: people suck, especially in parking lots.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I park far out and walk so I can avoid most of the idiot drivers.

I do the same thing.
    By the time I figure in the time it takes to walk an extra 50 feet, it would take that long getting out when parking up close.
    PLUS if I park away from people, I don't have some idiot next to me "vandalizing" my car with their doors when they get in and out.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I park far out and walk so I can avoid most of the idiot drivers.

Same here. A little extra walking might actually do me some good.

Me too. And, if I can, on the down hill side of the cart holders or intermediate islands in the lots...the same people that can't be bothered to put their carts away (and leave them so that they'll roll down hill, into your vehicles) are probably often the same jerks that can't be bothered to let you back out of your spot.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Gluemanz28;6960710[B said:
    ]I always try to pull through so I'm facing out if I can. [/B] Not to take a spot from someone nor would I do it if I saw another wanting to pull in the spot. It was on the last online defensive driving course required by my company in order to drive a company car. They gave a statistic on the percentage of accidents backing out of a parking spot. I don't remember the number (the test was multiple guess) but it was pretty high.

Park like you're leaving.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I hate creative parking. Don't pull through on angled parking so you screw everyone up when you try to leave and don't have enough room. Oh and don't back into the angled spots either. It makes me want to ram you as I sit and wait for you to get out of my way as you're demonstrating your pathetic backing skills.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    I hate creative parking. Don't pull through on angled parking so you screw everyone up when you try to leave and don't have enough room. Oh and don't back into the angled spots either. It makes me want to ram you as I sit and wait for you to get out of my way as you're demonstrating your pathetic backing skills.

it's ok, that's when the jack wagons just drive the wrong way down a one way isle.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    You assume that people even know you exist. Apparently it is necessary to pick up your phone and become engrossed in some emergency function whenever your car slows below 15 mph, such as in a parking lot. Its state law, I swear it is!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    it's ok, that's when the jack wagons just drive the wrong way down a one way isle.
    The best was the standoff I got into at the 21st st McDonald's. It's one way, angled parking an only 1 driving lane.

Im trying to exit after getting my carry out because the drive thru line was backed up and some jackhole comes up the wrong way and meets me 3/4 of the way. He gets angry because I won't (can't) get out of his way. There is a row of cars in the drive thru on my left, and full angled parking spots to my right and he is motioning for me to move over. So I give him the "how?" Shrug. Then he motions for me to back up. I shake my head no and point for HIM to back up. He gives me a look of disgust that said "you crazy man? No way"

i see one lone free parking space just behind my front bumper. So I motion for him to park there . That's when the light came on. He suddenly realized I wasn't being a road hog and he was going the wrong way because he couldn't turn into that space pointed the opposite way.

He angrily backed up past the " one way, do not enter" signs and big outbound arrows on the pavement and drove up to the actual entrance.

Last edited:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    When traveling by myself I usually sit at the bar to eat dinner instead of sitting at a table by myself.

I was having a conversation with a 40-50 year old guy wearing scrubs so I assume he was a Doctor or nurse. He told me that he pulled into a parking spot and centered up between the two cars already parked. Just as he got out and approached the rear of his car a young girl in her yoga pants, starbucks in hand pushing a cart with a baby in it says "are you effing kidding me, how the F am I supposed to get my kid in my blankety blank car (Lexus).

The guy told her he was sorry to be so close but she was all catty wapus in the parking spot and over the parking lines. She told him he was a another name for anus and he need to learn to park.

He said he would have normally pulled out to let her get the kid in the car but since she was a potty mouth jerk he just said "Have a nice Day" and walked away. He said she was cussing and yelling the whole time he was walking away.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Wife and I were leaving Meijer once and she decided she wanted to hit the restroom before we left. I told her I'd take things out and get them packed. On the way to the truck someone decided to parking lot stalk me, I hate that. They wouldn't go around me and followed me all the way to my space. As I got things packed up, they sat there. I was putting the last things in the back and they started honking for me to hurry up so they could take my space. There was an open space 3 or 4 down from where I was at, wasn't good enough. I got in and was waiting for my wife to get out when they decided to just lay on the horn. I got out, opened the back, grabbed a piece of chicken to eat and sat down in the tail of the truck to stare at her. The look on her face was priceless and I think I learned a few new 4 letter words that day. She was so pissed when she floored it and squealed through the parking lot she almost hit a police car that was backing out. He blocked the aisle and got out to have a talk with her. My wife walked right past them, when she got to the truck and saw me eating chicken and watching she asked me was going on. I told her, she laughed her tail off and gave the woman a slow golf clap as we pulled out.

Parking lots suck. If the woman wouldn't have been a horses ass then I would have left the space and pulled up to the front to pick my wife up.

Top Bottom