Help Me Help A Friend, Family Style Restaurants..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fav Family Style Place

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Okay, A friend of mine owns a gas station/car wash here in my town. It is in a great location, right next to the off ramps for EB I-74.

The building was remodeled back in 2004-2005, but it's still a 35+ year commercial building. So, my buddy is considering building a new building and incorporating a restaurant into the new building.

Next to the interstate there are already a ton of fast food places, but what is lacking in this town is a nice, sit-down family style restaurant. There is the obligatory Chinese place and Mexican place, but nothing "American Food". In fact, there is not a family style place in the whole town that is open for dinner.

Ok, now that is all explained. What is your favorite family style chain type sit down place?? I could only think of 3, so please reply with anything I missed. Thanks for taking the poll.

Edit. Two requirements that I forgot to list. Cracker Barrel has been mentioned, I don't think he will have the sq footage for a place that big, think about a Steak & Shake sized footprint. Secondly, casual dining type places (Applebees, Chilis) won't work because he needs the ability to serve breakfast.

Also, I have no financial interest in this venture, just trying to help a buddy.

Last edited:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    We always look for a Cracker Barrell when it is time to eat dinner and we are on the road.

Cracker Barrel has a large footprint. The lot that he currently has would not accept a place that large along with the gas station. Good idea though..

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I voted for Bob Evans. I enjoy the food and style there, but I also enjoy iHOP and Cracker Barrel. I rarely use Denny's because there is not one in the Fort. I visit Denny's occasionally when traveling. Waffle House is a good place to stop if the wife is not along. She does not appreciate their red-neck, good-old-Southern-boy character as I do. Neither one of us speak NASCAR, but I still manage to get a great waffle.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Just out of curiosity, is that the Indiana 101 exit? Oh, and I voted to ban MBills.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'll go with Bob Evans as it seems to meet all the criteria best.

No idea what it takes to pick up a franchise with them though.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    No, Batesville exit.

Thanks, was just wondering. What's there in the area now? Breakfast all day is good for me and a lot of travelers. Bob Evans or IHOP fit that bill. Either will get people to hit an off-ramp. A Waffle House has the rep of being a chain of dirty restaurants that you visit when leaving a bar. If that's the market, that's the market. Speaking of bill, has MBills been banned yet?

yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette
    Cracker Barrel has a large footprint. The lot that he currently has would not accept a place that large along with the gas station. Good idea though..

Cracker Barrel also does not do "franchising". I'd stick with a larger national, or regional type chain restaurant. I myself, enjoy a mom and pop type place, but I think if someone is traveling they might not be up for the unknown in terms of food.

Top Bottom