• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    This monkey has been on my back since childhood, it started with Stompers. I played with them for hours on end, took them apart, rebuilt them, swapped tires between models, built obstacle courses and begged Mom to buy me more anytime we were someplace that had them. It was right around that time that Bigfoot became a household name and although I only ever went to see a monster truck show once, my love for 4x4 trucks had been solidified into concrete of the soul.

Back around 2009 I stumbled across another forum (I won't name it here to save some of you the anguish) and learned what a scale RC 4x4 was. That was a pivotal moment for me and not one that I'm proud of. To say I lost my mind a little bit would be an understatement. I don't know how much money I spent but it was a lot more than I should have. Life got busy on me, the addiction faded and I thought I had it whooped.

Around six months ago I opened YouTube one evening while laying in bed. The scale RC 4x4 world had come a long way since I'd left it and the demon was awakened. I was doing well and seemed to be happy just watching videos until my wife, having watched me watch the videos bought me a RC 4x4 for Christmas. Crap. I've been home since Jan 10th recovering from surgery, me and boredom are not good bedfellows. This is the result and I'm not proud of it.

[video=youtube;iLiM73okEL4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLiM73okEL4[/video]

I have another project already in the works and this one still has lots to do. Heavy sigh......

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    It is not uncommon for addicts to face relapses. As addictions go, you could do worse...

Nice job, btw!

Yoir post is coincidental, as I was just thinking the boys are getting to the age they might enjoy a Traxxis. :spend:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It is not uncommon for addicts to face relapses. As addictions go, you could do worse...

Nice job, btw!

Yoir post is coincidental, as I was just thinking the boys are getting to the age they might enjoy a Traxxis. :spend:

It's hard to beat a Slash (literally & figuratively). Those things can take a serious beating and are a heck of a lot of fun.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    It's hard to beat a Slash (literally & figuratively). Those things can take a serious beating and are a heck of a lot of fun.

Thanks. I should have a little bit of disposable income by the beginning of summer. I'll be looking at those. :yesway:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Interesting. So what are the specs on your RC truck?

It's nothing too special at the moment. Started as a K5 Vaterra Ascender. I swapped the shocks for a set of scale shocks from RC4WD, 1.55" RC4wd Mud Slingers stretched onto 1.9" SSD D hole beadlocks and an Axial Ram 2500 body. The paint didn't turn out like I'd hoped so I have another body on the way. Once I get it painted up I'll install remote controlled head lights & tail lights and that'll probably be about it for the Ram. I have another project I've been working on also but it isn't ready for the big reveal just yet.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I picked up a 4wd truck at an auction for next to nothing a few years ago but couldn't ever get it to run for more than 30 seconds or so but DAYUM it sure was a lot of fun! I'd love to get into it a little more but have a couple of full scale projects taking up my disposable income for awhile!

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    The RC truck was cool, but the Canada fishing trip that popped up next was awesome. I want to subscribe to your newsletter. :thumbsup:

UTL

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2015
    Central Indiana
    My boys and I have 4 trucks, 3 4x4 slash trucks and 1 2x4 slash truck. We started racing down on Emerson ave Wednesday and Saturday evening about 6 weeks ago. Lots of fun.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    More fuel to the fire. Wrapped this project up today, 99% complete anyway.

[video=youtube;pTmnGwTtfVQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTmnGwTtfVQ[/video]

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Why. In the world. Am I laughing so hard at those two simple videos?

My eyes are seriously watering.

Wha....

Top Bottom