• ...and so much more!
  • Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I'm not posting this for sympathy but for awareness.

I lost my 29 year old son in January. He was a father of three beautiful children. He was a veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan and had earned a purple heart during his years of service. He was loved and admired by friends, family and coworkers. He had a great job and was going places in this world.

He also was going through a nasty divorce and had battled PTSD and depression. He was receiving medication and counseling from the VA.

On January 25th life became too much to endure and he took his own life.

I will have to carry this burden for the rest of my days. He was my son and my best friend. I miss him dearly every day. If you know of anyone (friends, family, coworkers, veterans) who are going through a hard time please take the time to check on them and make sure they are ok. Tell them that they are not alone and that you are someone who cares and will help.

Veterans Suicide Hotline 1-800-273-8255

Full_Size_Render_1.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have lost a son. Not to this but lost all the same. I know your pain. Time will help. Love those kids as I am sure you will. He s still here in them.

You and yours are in our prayers.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    I know this must be a difficult time and my sympathy to you and your whole family. Just be sure to take care of yourself and those around you in this difficult time.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I'm sorry for your loss, sir. I was in 2-151 for a little bit. That brings it closer to home.

Edit: my apologies. I just found out about your son. I knew of another vet that we lost here in Henry County on the same day. This is awful. I should have recognized him in the picture, but I was on my phone.

I knew your son, and worked with him a few times. He was a good man and great NCO. We will pray for your family. God bless

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Lost a little brother and watched my father go through what you are being forced to experience. Praying for your family. Thanks for the reminder that my life is pretty good in spite of a back-ache.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I am so sorry for your loss, I lost a family member when he came home so i know no words on the internet will make a difference but i am sending prayers.

Top Bottom