Anyone else hate but have to buy or waste money on Valentines Day flowers?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeremy032

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2014
    La Porte
    Just did my husband duty and ordered flowers from an online
    floral retailer for Valentines Day tomorrow. What starts at $79.00 turns into $170 by the time
    you reach checkout. Of course I read the mountain of negative
    reviews from the retailer I ordered from after the fact. Unfortunately
    Online ordering is easier than looking up a local florist. It will be
    interesting to see what my wife gets tomorrow.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    My wife and I don't buy into the retail holidays.

We work 8-6's and Vday is a workday so when we went to the nice Chinese place last night and picked up Sully from Redbox, that became our "Valentines".

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The one useful thing our cats have ever done is reliably knock over flowers in a vase. My wife declared that we just can't have flowers on the table years ago.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Haven't played that game in years.

Wife and I do stuff throughout the year. Don't feel the need to do cards, flowers, and all that on a specific day. Though, we will likely go to a little nicer dinner this week for "date night".

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    I have absolutely no issue whatsoever buying flowers, even though they'll wither and die in short order. I don't do online, anymore. That wasn't received as well so I'll save the money and spend the time.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    The wife and I cancelled the flowers for Valentines long ago. I buy her flowers at random times over the year. The last thing she wants is for me to spend 4X the normal price just for Feb 14th...Besides, she would rather have Lowery's Chocolates..

We have the same issue with Cats and flowers, but we have one that will eat the flowers.....They are like Kitty Crack for our Red Kitty.....You would think they are steak.

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    The one useful thing our cats have ever done is reliably knock over flowers in a vase. My wife declared that we just can't have flowers on the table years ago.

I don't know why but I'm picturing you sneaking around at night knocking the vase over every Valentine's for a few years and blaming the cat....

I wish I had thought of this plan lol.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I don't know why but I'm picturing you sneaking around at night knocking the vase over every Valentine's for a few years and blaming the cat....

I wish I had thought of this plan lol.

When you set a goal, you put in the work to achieve it.

Valentine's Day is a candy occasion in our house....see how that works out?

awames76

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    kendallville
    if u buy a flower get a plant in a pot that will live and maybe a rose bush u can plant outside. as for us we dont do birthday vday much for christmas. we have 4 kids so they get the christmas gifts. every year we and her 2 sisters family go together and get her parents a family pics with all 11 grand kids. this year we took a selfie along as did her sisters. it turned out nice so i got a frame and gave it to her for christmas. well for vday we usually have someone watch the kids and spend a day out to dinner and something, she is a stay at home mom so 99% of the time there is at least 1 kid with us, 3 are in school.

Jeremy032

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2014
    La Porte
    Thank you, I am not inconvenienced. I am grateful to be in an extremely healthy marriage. However, my issue is I would much prefer to give her the cash versus
    buying something that lasts maybe a week. Precedence has shown my wife prefers the flowers though.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    tumblr_nr7zqaDQjg1roohd8o1_400.gif

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I happily ordered flowers again this year for my and will do so again on our anniversary. I hope to be able to continue doing so for several more years.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    We don't do a great deal for VD day... bought flowers at the grocery (my wife loves daisy's) gave them to the granddaughters to give to Mamaw and double score:grabass: with the wife! This is the woman who I bought a manure spreader for our wedding anniversary and she was in love with that gift... yeah I know weird but she loves her horses....

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I made the mistake of making hand-made cards for special occasions early in our marriage (birthday, Valentine's Day, anniversary, formerly Mother's Day, but she's not my mom, so that's now up to the kids). Not computer-made - all hand drawn. Now I can never get out of it. Ever. I also work the candy angle, because my 104 lb wife thinks she's fat, and I get to end up eating most of it.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I told my wife that since she said "I do", all that valentines day crap stops. Besides, since she married me, everyday is like Valentine's Day because she gets to wake up next to me :D

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If it keeps the wife happy, then it's not a waste.

If once a year she would be happy if you burn a $100 bill, then once a year, burn a $100 bill.

Top Bottom