Question for the cops on ingo te: traffic stops.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Just witnessed a traffic stop this morning that left me curious.

For flagrant traffic violations such as passing on a double yellow in order to speed through the rest of the school zone (right in front of a marked cruiser), is there a reason to let the car drive another half mile before pulling him over instead of lighting him up immediately?

Also, if one of you pulled over a grey Prius on southeastern avenue this morning, the guy in the red Honda is sorry for the "what gives" gesture.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Non Leo here...

The Leo probably felt it was safer for everyone to initiate the stop a half mile down the road.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If there's time, I'd rather run the plate and make sure it's not stolen/felony wanted/etc prior to lighting it up.

1mil-high

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The officer will generally choose the location of the stop based on a number of factors including shoulder size, additional lanes to clear them while they are working on the shoulder, hill crests, curves in the road, the amount of time that it takes to call the stop in as well as allow themselves enough to time run the license plate most times. Additionally, the officer may have wanted to get out of the area of the school so there weren't kids running around if something were to escalate.

Lots of factors to consider.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Ok... Makes sense. I was just confused to see a cop be the car right behind him, then the cop seemingly not reacting at all.

the real shocker is that a Prius driver had the stones to pull that move in front of a cop.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Ok... Makes sense. I was just confused to see a cop be the car right behind him, then the cop seemingly not reacting at all.

the real shocker is that a Prius driver had the stones to pull that move in front of a cop.
    ive seen the same thing in a school zone. I'm going the speed limit of 25 and this idiot passes me in a school zone with a double yellow. What he didn't see was the cop coming from the opposite direction. Cop busted a u turn and lit him up. I laughed my ass off. You always say, "where are the cops when you need them" and this time he was right there and nailed the idiot. I hope the cop threw everything he could at the guy.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Probably an off duty school bus driver. I've seen school zone violations committed by school buses often enough to realize they have the same exemptions as moms driving kids to the school.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Frank seriously man, you couldnt see that I was joking? Plus you know it's mostly true lmfao

except no cop would be watching a movie when there is hot teacher tail to observe. But doughnuts and coffee oh hell yes!

i guess if a joke doesn't have to do with curb stompin with your jackboots you don't get it. Go roll your eyes in the mirror

Top Bottom