INGO LEOs... who do the Park Rangers report to?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I saw a LEO on 465 in a car marked as a Park Ranger and was curious who they report to. Do they fall under IMPD or the Sheriff's Department? I know the DNR COs are a different group all together.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    This guy?????

smokeybear01.jpg

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Funny thing is that we have such a car shortage that some of the IMPD guys are driving Park Ranger cars as pool cars....haha.

Well they say there is a shortage but I don't exactly buy it. Too many cars sitting on the 30th st lot...someone should do an inventory and see what they really have. And it would hep to get the 3 or 4 rows of new un issued cars on the street. But a few weeks ago we had to put a late shift LT. In a POS Park Ranger car.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Well they say there is a shortage but I don't exactly buy it. Too many cars sitting on the 30th st lot...someone should do an inventory and see what they really have. And it would hep to get the 3 or 4 rows of new un issued cars on the street. But a few weeks ago we had to put a late shift LT. In a POS Park Ranger car.
    I think their system of tracking cars is likely very inefficient, much like the rest of the department. The new cars are waiting for the center consoles and computer mounts before they can be issued.

Snipercop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    SS Indianapolis
    I think their system of tracking cars is likely very inefficient, much like the rest of the department. The new cars are waiting for the center consoles and computer mounts before they can be issued.

Yep! They just found a 2008 Crown Vic out there parked closest to Harding that only had 27,000 miles on it and a Ford Ranger pickup that they thought was sent to the auction. LMAO

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yep. They are in dire need of someone who can efficiently track their equipment. They constantly finding stuff they didn't know they had. And how you order X number cars but can't have the foresight to get all the consoles, light bars, lap top stands etc ordered in in advance I don't understand. Heck honestly they might be better off ordering the cars with everything installed but Idk.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yep! They just found a 2008 Crown Vic out there parked closest to Harding that only had 27,000 miles on it and a Ford Ranger pickup that they thought was sent to the auction. LMAO
    3K miles/year?? Was it driven by a little old lady park ranger??

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Funny thing is that we have such a car shortage that some of the IMPD guys are driving Park Ranger cars as pool cars....haha.

Just have them drive white pickup trucks :dunno:

here's what I know:

pipeline police > railroad police > armed forces > state police > Carmel PD > county sheriffs/city officers > park rangers > power rangers > coroner > high card > citizens arrest

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yep. They are in dire need of someone who can efficiently track their equipment. They constantly finding stuff they didn't know they had. And how you order X number cars but can't have the foresight to get all the consoles, light bars, lap top stands etc ordered in in advance I don't understand. Heck honestly they might be better off ordering the cars with everything installed but Idk.

Gee, if only there was technology to track these things? If only they each had unique identifying numbers inscribed on them, and had some type of machine that could store information. I think just maybe a computer might do the job, but I'm no expert.

Top Bottom