• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm really not much of a drinker, but tonight I'm cracking open a beer and enjoying the "veranda" here at Casa PaulF.

Starting with a...let's see...Dogfish Head "Beer For Breakfast" Stout.

Been trying to dig myself out of a rut lately. Days like today remind me its good to take a step back and count my blessings.

Cheers, everybody.

:40oz:

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It is nice out there. Mrs. GFGT and I are both sick---bleh!

Well, I'm sorry to hear yea aren't feeling well. MrsF has been fighting a wicked cold (or something) for the better part of a week now. She hasn't decided to join me on the veranda just yet.

It's wonderful out here. I tip my glass to El Nina (or is it La Nina?) for the unseasonable warm spell.

I'll also raise my glass to you, your health, and better days ahead, kind sir.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Cheers to you as well!

I sipped on a diet soda while I watch the kiddo playing in the back yard. All out of "the good stuff", and too cheap to buy any. So, soda it is...

Nice evening to take a deep breath of some fresh air.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Well, I'm sorry to hear yea aren't feeling well. MrsF has been fighting a wicked cold (or something) for the better part of a week now. She hasn't decided to join me on the veranda just yet.

It's wonderful out here. I tip my glass to El Nina (or is it La Nina?) for the unseasonable warm spell.

I'll also raise my glass to you, your health, and better days ahead, kind sir.

The Louisville weather station I subscribe to on FB had a piece on our current snow drought. A snow drought in February is definitely a check mark in the plus column of global warming, if you ask me! :D

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Cheers to you as well!

I sipped on a diet soda while I watch the kiddo playing in the back yard. All out of "the good stuff", and too cheap to buy any. So, soda it is...

Nice evening to take a deep breath of some fresh air.

Even without the beer, the air is intoxicating. Glad to see you are getting to enjoy it as well!

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The Louisville weather station I subscribe to on FB had a piece on our current snow drought. A snow drought in February is definitely a check mark in the plus column of global warming, if you ask me! :D

A few thousand years ago the land my home sits upon was covered by a sheet of ice maybe a mile thick. A few million years ago it was an ocean. The climate changes. We seem to be trending warmer lately, and I don't think there's much of a question about that...

...beyond that, anyone who claims to know what the weather will be in a hundred or a thousand years probably has something to sell.

Still, I've lived through 42 Februaries...and I'm not going to complain with a few 70 degree days this time around!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I washed two cars today :)

I busted out my son's telescope this evening. I was able to get a decent look at Venus but with the power of his 70-700 it just looks like a bright star. I was able to see it was a crescent though. Then I googled it and saw Venus does indeed have phases! Craziness.

i went to get my wife and show her but something must have moved because now it wasn't in the viewer. I found it again and went to get her, was nearly out again. I have everything locked down tight, may have to call the manufacturer Monday :dunno:

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I washed two cars today :)

I busted out my son's telescope this evening. I was able to get a decent look at Venus but with the power of his 70-700 it just looks like a bright star. I was able to see it was a crescent though. Then I googled it and saw Venus does indeed have phases! Craziness.

i went to get my wife and show her but something must have moved because now it wasn't in the viewer. I found it again and went to get her, was nearly out again. I have everything locked down tight, may have to call the manufacturer Monday :dunno:

Clearly, a manufacturer defect. Planets don't just move.

I'm raising a glass to you and yours on this beautiful evening, doc.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I'm pretty sure all the planets move. ;)

Count your blessings now, at this rate it's going to be 150 degrees in July.

307SD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    Down by the river.
    At my job I work outside a lot. I did today and it was beautiful. I love it. can't wait for even warmer conditions. Enjoy everyone, tomorrow looks even better.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010

The planets move pretty quickly. Especially ours. The rotation of the Earth gets that tiny viewing angle off in a hurry.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    My wife probably has the same crud you guys are talking about.

I am looking to try to enjoy the weekend working on my project home. It's tough when half of my team is under the weather.

Top Bottom