• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You can waive your right to a speedy trial, like you can waive the majority of your rights. It's done pretty routinely in major cases, sometimes for legitimate reasons and sometimes the defense plays a game hoping witnesses will stop showing up or the victim will get tired of the disruption to their life and move on, etc.

I've no idea how they ended up at 10 years, but I'd want to see how many continuances he (via his lawyers) have asked for prior to assuming there's something nefarious going on or that it's anyone's fault other than his and his lawyers.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    As an add-on to BBI's informed post, I have to wonder if it might be possible that he's trying to drum up an outcry of himself as a "victim" of our evil legal system to get out off the hook.
    Maybe farfetched, but criminals aren't known for being exactly thoughtful souls.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You can waive your right to a speedy trial, like you can waive the majority of your rights. It's done pretty routinely in major cases, sometimes for legitimate reasons and sometimes the defense plays a game hoping witnesses will stop showing up or the victim will get tired of the disruption to their life and move on, etc.

I've no idea how they ended up at 10 years, but I'd want to see how many continuances he (via his lawyers) have asked for prior to assuming there's something nefarious going on or that it's anyone's fault other than his and his lawyers.

Good point. I can see 10-15 years of 3 squares in a square vs life (or worse) if he thinks he can wait out the witnesses.

Top Bottom