Central IN stocking silicone wedding band dealers?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Several years ago I had my wedding band ripped off my finger, doing damage to the inner workings of my finger. (Thank God I had wet hands or I could only count to 9 today)

I cant wear a metal band anymore due to scar tissue so I wanted to get a silicone one. I dont want to go through the hassle of finding the right size by measuring, getting it wrong, returning, etc.

Anyone seen them sold in stores around here?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Any place that sells rings has a set of gauges that you try your finger in and they tell your size. I am sure if you ask, they will help you figure out the right size.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Any place that sells rings has a set of gauges that you try your finger in and they tell your size. I am sure if you ask, they will help you figure out the right size.

Part of it is also making sure the actual rings are not too tight for comfort. Who's to say the size 8 silicone band is actually exactly the size of the #8 sizing band? (poor workmanship/QC, etc)

There is a mental aspect to this as well; I tried simply moving the ring to my right hand, but that just gave me the willies. I had to take it off after about 5 minutes. It was too distracting.

EDIT: The other gotcha is I cant use the sizing bands if I want to size for the shaft of my finger in the right spot. Scar tissue bulged my knuckle, so if its big enough to fit over the knuckle, it will flop around on the spot where a ring normally rides. So I cant measure with a traditional sizing ring.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My wife just bought one for me to replace my metal one. She ordered the same size as the original band and it fits perfect. Much lighter and way more comfortable.

Who did she use? When I first looked there was ONE vendor. Now they are everywhere and I dont know who to trust for quality.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have a saferingz ring. I took my wedding band and laid it on the size template. I originally ordered the size that most closely matched the size chart but it was a little too tight. They told me to keep it and sent me the next larger size.

It fits good and the company is a great company. They take care of military, police and first responder's.

rransford

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2016
    Elwood
    My wife also got me a silicone band from qalo. They are pretty much spot on as far as size. I use mine for when I am going to the gym or when I know I will be climbing in a treestand. Have seen and heard way too many stories about metal bands ripping or nearly ripping people's fingers off.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Another option is a tattoo. I personally don't like tattoos at all, but if that's your thing, it willl always fit regardless of the weather. And there is a neat symbolism to a tattooed wedding band.

I know, I know. That's not what you asked. But this is the Internet. You can't ask about a bolt action .22 without someone suggesting an AK.

pack-indy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Shoshone NF
    Another option is a tattoo. I personally don't like tattoos at all, but if that's your thing, it willl always fit regardless of the weather. And there is a neat symbolism to a tattooed wedding band.

I know, I know. That's not what you asked. But this is the Internet. You can't ask about a bolt action .22 without someone suggesting an AK.
    Lol...I was thinking this while reading the thread. My wife and I both got our wedding date tattooed in Roman numerals. We have bands that can be put on for formal occasions that cover them if needed. We are both healthcare professionals and have had nothing but compliments on them. Can't lose it, can't forget the date, and can't get divorced...which is fine by me because I definitely married up.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I was going to do the tattoo but after talking to some people it appears that gold ink really won't show much and black is the preferred color. I then saw a guy at my gym wearing a silicone band and decided that for $12 I'd try one.

Works great. I have it on all the time and never feel it whether I am working at home or doing pull-ups, etc.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wow, I had no idea that these even existed (silicone wedding bands).

I was gonna suggest this:

71-MqjVlQmL._SX355_.jpg

Multiple colors and sizes, and fully adjustable. ;)

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Qalo is probably the most popular. And they may be more robust than others.

I decided to try the Saferingz because they appeared more "minimal", the price was less and I really liked the people there and what they stand for.

I have worn mine daily since I got it and I work hard with my hands and it's holding up well.

I may try a Qalo when this one breaks since I now know I will keep wearing it long term.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    As Hog Slayer said... Academy sports has a bunch in stock. They even have a sizing deal attached to the display so you can size right there and make your purchase. I think you may be able to slip it on and give it a go before buying it also... I can't remember the brand but I do remember they were marketed toward athletic active people etc. and they cost quite a bit more than on Amazon and other places. I'll be wearing a wedding ring before too long, and I plan on going silicone also. I'm just going to jump on Amazon and buy a crap ton of them.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I had the same thing happen to me when I was a young man. Hand surgeon who put my finger back together told me the number one reason people lose fingers is rings. Took the pieces of my ring back from the hospital and talked it over with my wife of now 36 years, she said forget the ring, I'd rather you kept your fingers.:)

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    As Hog Slayer said... Academy sports has a bunch in stock. They even have a sizing deal attached to the display so you can size right there and make your purchase. I think you may be able to slip it on and give it a go before buying it also... I can't remember the brand but I do remember they were marketed toward athletic active people etc. and they cost quite a bit more than on Amazon and other places. I'll be wearing a wedding ring before too long, and I plan on going silicone also. I'm just going to jump on Amazon and buy a crap ton of them.

Just curious; why buy so many? I have had mine for about 8 months now and it's not showing any signs of giving up.

Top Bottom