• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I saw this earlier too. VX is so nasty it makes mustard gas look like Aqua Velva (yes I know, exaggeration from a guy who spent 1 enlistment at MOPP 2 or higher). How the crap you weaponize that stuff for delivery by a human is beyond me.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Wait. You spent an entire enlistment in some level of MOPP gear? Who in the world did you **** off?

Out of 21+ years I probably had 4 in chem gear. I had another enlistment on-hold waiting to speak to item managers at various Air Force depots.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    Wasn't this the crap they used to store in Terre Haute years ago. I played paintball in Mopp gear, it wasn't that bad......in the winter.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    N. Korea isn't low tech any more.
    They may be suppressive but getting slick.
    Scary loon running the country.
    Kelly, tell me you didn't use Aqua Velva!
    I went with Brut 33 for daily use and Aramis for special occasions. I've since upgraded to something my wife bought me that smells good. Halston maybe?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Were you MOPP 2? That sucks unless it's cold out. MOPP 3 or 4 always sucks.
    MOPP 2 in Iceland wasn't bad. In Georgia SUCKED!! I don't think I was ever in 3. We went 2 to 4 (2 in south Georgia usually meant jacket tied around your waist). Going MOPP 0 to MOPP 4 was ridiculous, somebody had no Intel. MOPP 4 in Iceland tore your face up with the cold, I thought I was going to drown in my own sweat in MOPP 4 in Georgia.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    MOPP 2 in Iceland wasn't bad. In Georgia SUCKED!! I don't think I was ever in 3. We went 2 to 4 (2 in south Georgia usually meant jacket tied around your waist). Going MOPP 0 to MOPP 4 was ridiculous, somebody had no Intel. MOPP 4 in Iceland tore your face up with the cold, I thought I was going to drown in my own sweat in MOPP 4 in Georgia.

With all due respect, better you than me.

Heard a number of stories from guys in the initial push to Baghdad who spent the whole time in MOPP 2. If you watch Generation Kill, they were in it most of the time.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    After a quick google search....MOPP 2. In the fall and winter it was perfect. Spring and summer, was wretched. I can't imagine being required to wear it for an extended time in someplace that was really hot.

It worked great for paintball though, the balls hit and just drop more often than not.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    VX isn't actually a gas. It's a gooey liquid at room temperature. It can be aerosolized for dispersal, but it's not a gas.

There's probably a LOT of it out there that left Iraq during those 16 months when Dubya was telling them he was going to invade. At the time, the Iraquis were the world's experts in producing VX. Chemical Ali used it on the Kurds in the late 80s.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What I've read lately about the Kim Jong-nam hit was it was in binary form. First female applied the first half and second female the second, so only KJN was exposed to the VX (and the second attacker slightly because they applied the two compounds with bare hands)

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Its record may have been surpassed when it originally set it, but VX was listed as the most toxic non-radioactive substance in the world.
    Seriously bad mojo.

Top Bottom