Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My microwave makes funny noises!

Exactly what the title says...

BUT, the thing is, the funny noises it makes happen when it's NOT running.

At times, it sounds like there's "static" coming from the back of it. Not like radio-station static, though. In all honesty, it sounds to me like a static-y geiger counter. Or perhaps like if you were to muffle the sound of a plastic shopping bag being crinkled up...

I tried googling the issue, but everything I found online dealt with funny noises during operation. Not when it's just sitting still.

It's not constant, it's randomly intermittant. It'll do it when it hasn't been used in 12 hours...and it'll do it right after it's been used.

Sad thing...it's done this for a few years at least. No difference in functionality from when it was brand new, either.

OMGisitgonnakillme?

-J-

JcJ
    Expert
    Wrap yourself in tinfoil, just to be safe..

Not sure if its going to kill you or not, but I sure as hell would be getting rid of it or at least unplugging it when not in use. I'm very anal about potential fires started by appliances. As cheap as microwaves have gotten I wouldn't take the chance.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin
    "Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting to see what they will have for lunch, Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." - Ben Franklin
    Marbury v. Madison, 5 US 137,(1803) "The Constitution of these United States is the supreme law of the land. Any law that is repugnant to the Constitution is null and void of law."
    http://www.amberalertindiana.com/showbutton.php

Quote Originally Posted by Indy_Guy_77 View Post
    Exactly what the title says...

BUT, the thing is, the funny noises it makes happen when it's NOT running.

At times, it sounds like there's "static" coming from the back of it. Not like radio-station static, though. In all honesty, it sounds to me like a static-y geiger counter. Or perhaps like if you were to muffle the sound of a plastic shopping bag being crinkled up...

I tried googling the issue, but everything I found online dealt with funny noises during operation. Not when it's just sitting still.

It's not constant, it's randomly intermittant. It'll do it when it hasn't been used in 12 hours...and it'll do it right after it's been used.

Sad thing...it's done this for a few years at least. No difference in functionality from when it was brand new, either.

OMGisitgonnakillme?

-J-
    not the noises again.......you better give it to me to dispose of... you can have mine, the handle broke off last night

Plinker
    Quote Originally Posted by JcJ View Post
    I don't know about this one. I'm all for tin foil, no one more so, but have you ever put it in the microwave? Not pretty......

Paranoids anonymous won't give me their address HandK's Avatar
    Let the cat out of it!!!!! that should do it. !

Your body can not go where your mind has not been!

Getting old is not so bad! I can hide my own Easter Eggs!!

Master
    Nothing to worry about until you get like Cousin Eddie from Christmas vacation. If you turn the microwave on and it causes you to space out and pee yourself - then you have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by JcJ View Post

mmmmMm.. A little tin-foil, some PAM spray, a little lemon juice and rosemary basted on... I think I'd better stop. I'm getting excited.

And crap, my insurance man has read this thread. Now I 'spose I should get a new microwave. (And colt45er, this microwave is a replacement of one that the door-open button broke....you can keep yours, thanks. hehe)

But I LIKE this microwave. I know how to operate this one! If I get a different one; it'll be DIFFERENT. Seriously...I don't deal with change all that well. Just ask my wife.

-J-

Quote Originally Posted by Indy_Guy_77 View Post
    mmmmMm.. A little tin-foil, some PAM spray, a little lemon juice and rosemary basted on... I think I'd better stop. I'm getting excited.

And crap, my insurance man has read this thread. Now I 'spose I should get a new microwave. (And colt45er, this microwave is a replacement of one that the door-open button broke....you can keep yours, thanks. hehe)

But I LIKE this microwave. I know how to operate this one! If I get a different one; it'll be DIFFERENT. Seriously...I don't deal with change all that well. Just ask my wife.

-J-
    all I can see is that if the house burns down.....git rid of the microwave before the adjuster gets thereI better get outa here before I read something I shouldnt know about

As cheap as microwaves are anymore just replace it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast