• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I saw those those the other day. They're remarkable! When most people think of those years in our history they are invariably in shades of black and white. It was nice to see what they truly looked like. Too bad we had to wait so many decades to see those great pics.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    #2 and #3 remind me of the setting of a Clint Eastwood movie I once saw... can't remember which one.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    Annie, thanks for sharing. I can remember some of that stuff when I was a small child. Even though it was a few years later than the shown time period, a lot of it still looked the same.:yesway:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    WOW. what a great find. The pics are great but the remarks left at the bottom of the page by some people who lived through those times make it amazing.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I saw those those the other day. They're remarkable! When most people think of those years in our history they are invariably in shades of black and white. It was nice to see what they truly looked like. Too bad we had to wait so many decades to see those great pics.

As I was looking, I was thinking the same thing. These are some great photographs!

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Tried to rep you for this, will when I can! JG you find the most awesome stuff!! :D :yesway: :rockwoot:

I was born just a few years after these photo's were made (1949) and many of the sights were still the same when I was growing up in the 50's. Brings back a lot of memories! :)

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Pretty cool pics! The quality is pretty amazing considering the equipment they had to use. It really was more of an art back then. :yesway:

Last edited:

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    Nothing better than the images produced from old color slides. The depth and the richness of the color is stunning. Digital can't touch it without a butt-load of photo-shopping.

Top Bottom