INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    HOLY CRAP!!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hUqNHBA3o8[/ame]

SCANNED DOCUMENTS DO NOT HAVE LAYERS LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DO THIS FOR A LIVING- IF THIS IS WHAT THEY RELEASED IT IS BULL****!

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    yup, I just downloaded it from the whitehouse site, cause I thought it was a joke. Sure enough, even though it looks like a scan of a documents, it isn't pretty much everything other than the form was added after.

why would someone do something so stupid like that. It's not like they can say the document was originally created that way...
    scannedbc.jpg

this is what it looks like when the layers are gone, remember, when you want it to look like a scan, save as a JPG, then print to a PDF...

Last edited:

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    yup, I just downloaded it from the whitehouse site, cause I thought it was a joke. Sure enough, even though it looks like a scan of a documents, it isn't pretty much everything other than the form was added after.

why would someone do something so stupid like that. It's not like they can say the document was originally created that way...
    scannedbc.jpg

this is what it looks like when the layers are gone, remember, when you want it to look like a scan, save as a JPG, then print to a PDF...

I knew one of you guys could look into this! ;)

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    I've sent it to our graphics guy to see what he says. Any chance the OCR created the layers as it was scanned?
    yup, that's exactly what it does (hence the white area under the text and inability to recognize the signatures)
    BUT that then makes this "certified copy" uncertified and more food for conspiracies. now, let me get back to my editing :-)

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I've sent it to our graphics guy to see what he says. Any chance the OCR created the layers as it was scanned?

One of the drudge links said this was the likely culprit. :dunno: This stuff is beyond me, but it seems like a **** poor way to provide proof for something of this nature.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

yup, that's exactly what it does (hence the white area under the text and inability to recognize the signatures)
    BUT that then makes this "certified copy" uncertified and more food for conspiracies. now, let me get back to my editing :-)

One of the drudge links said this was the likely culprit. :dunno: This stuff is beyond me, but it seems like a **** poor way to provide proof for something of this nature.

This just opens up another can o worms.
    WHY have the OCR turned on when scanning a document you have no intention of editing? :dunno:

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Lol. Don't blow your load to soon there buddy! This is much ado about nothing.

I use the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Acrobat..) on a daily basis and have been for the past 10yrs.

This document had been scanned, which created the top layer. This is done when the original scan is a bit light and needs more contrast. Adobe takes the blackest part of the image and creates a separate layer so that it can increase the contrast from the background. Happens a million times a day.

Darn! You almost had him! So close.

What is it you do for a living printcraft? Work at a tinfoil factory? lol. I kid I kid.

HOLY CRAP!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hUqNHBA3o8
    SCANNED DOCUMENTS DO NOT HAVE LAYERS LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DO THIS FOR A LIVING- IF THIS IS WHAT THEY RELEASED IT IS BULL****!

Top Bottom