• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    Many gun owners from the Fort Wayne and surrounding areas are familiar with Dave’s work. I had the privilege of knowing Dave since the late 70s and often used his services. Dave did a great job on 1911s and tune ups on wheel guns. On several occasions when I would need information I would have a seat in Dave’s basement and as he worked he would tell me all I needed to know about how to do my own modifications. I would usually toss a $10 on his bench as I left since he was always willing to help anyone with his vast knowledge of all types of firearms. I am sad to hear of his passing and he will be greatly missed.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Wow! Im in shock...when did this happen?
    I was not aware, nor did I hear anything.

Do you have anymore details? Dave was a great and friendly guy, he did several things for me, and I was never disappointed. I was initially shocked when I first saw his place (the cluter) but he's an outstanding guy!

Godbless!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Wow! Im in shock...when did this happen?
    I was not aware, nor did I hear anything.

Do you have anymore details? Dave was a great and friendly guy, he did several things for me, and I was never disappointed. I was initially shocked when I first saw his place (the cluter) but he's an outstanding guy!

Godbless!

Dave took ill with cancer...and it was a very fast downhill once he entered the hospital. He passed Thursday, if I'm not mistaken...the days are kind of running together.
    He was at Parkview Main when he passed.
    If you (or anyone) has property that he was repairing, PM me and I'll get you the proper contact info to pass along to the officer who is making heads & tails out of all the repairs/parts/pieces in the workshop.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    If any of you have any unclaimed repairs there, you better move on it ASAP.
    ATF is about to start chucking everything left in the furnace.
    If you know someone that has property there, alert them to Dave's passing...or somebody's going to end up calling for a status update a month or so from now and find that their gun doesn't exist anymore...

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    May forever feel lke home, old friend.

I'm sure he made plans for his daughter. Was she special needs?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I didn't ask him. Since I know he wants to do EOD Demos at the Kevin Weber fundraiser at the Neon Armadillo in the afternoon, I am sure mid morning should work.

Do you need his email? I'm not sure if I should post it or PM you with it.

Got your PM. That works out great. Thank you much. Reps headed your way.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    In 2004, my father gave me a Colt 1911 as a birthday gift. He got it from a man in Warsaw, Indiana. The previous owner said that the pistol had been work on by a gunsmith named 'Schwartze.'

Sometime after that, I needed a bit of smithing work done on it. I went through an Indianapolis gunsmith.

When he was giving me the gun back, he commented that the barrel to slide fit was 'perfect' and said that the guy who did this was a master.

More testimony to Dave's craftsmanship and skill.

May he rest in peace.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Um...from a little before 8am this morning and on, there was NObody there.
    What's up with that?

I have a coworker who was planning on being there at noon. Are you saying no gun owners showed up or are you saying that no person in charge showed up?

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    One of my Remington 700's was tuned by him, and I'll be the first argue it is one of the best jobs ever cost 1/10 of what the "Experts" charge.

Dave, thanks for all the advice and knowledge through the years.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I have a coworker who was planning on being there at noon. Are you saying no gun owners showed up or are you saying that no person in charge showed up?

I'm saying I passed the info from this thread to someone who needed to go identify his property and he showed up at quarter til 8, and hung around for a bit knocking on doors and waiting for signs of ANYone...and finally got frustrated and left.

Top Bottom