LOL, I came across this picture...WFT is wrong with this thing?:scratch:

TardTig.jpg

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    It looks like he doesn't enjoy the smell of his cage... Funny pic.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I have passed this post along to the Developmentally Challenged Tiger Anti Defamation League. In case you didn't know they are deeply offended by being called retarded.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    The problems of this

draft_lens1861655module8316594photo_deformedwhitetiger.jpg1203383386
    The problem of making these cats is 1 its inbreeding(which is bad bad bad!). The risk is birth defects, early deaths, still births. And all are cross-eyed. Also this makes them not the smartest of cats. 80% of white tiger kits have died from birth defects. 1 in 30 of those white cats that survive will consistently perform. The number of tigers that have to be produced and disposed of in order to fill the public's desire to see white tigers on display is staggering.

full site: The lie about white tigers

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I have passed this post along to the Developmentally Challenged Tiger Anti Defamation League. In case you didn't know they are deeply offended by being called retarded.

Hahahaha:laugh:

I know that was a joke, but I was actually worried I may offend someone using that word...I'd never, ever use that term in regards to a mentally handicapped person, but felt it was fitting for that odd looking feller.:)

The problem of making these cats is 1 its inbreeding(which is bad bad bad!). The risk is birth defects, early deaths, still births. And all are cross-eyed. Also this makes them not the smartest of cats. 80% of white tiger kits have died from birth defects. 1 in 30 of those white cats that survive will consistently perform. The number of tigers that have to be produced and disposed of in order to fill the public's desire to see white tigers on display is staggering.

Wow. I'm not about to jump on the PETA bandwagon (love bacon too much), but that is flat out ridiculous...I think white tigers are absolutely beautiful (excluding the lil' guy above), but at that expense I wouldn't mind them making that illegal.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I wasn't trying to rain on the thread or bring it down. It's just that after seeing some of them last year I have a whole new respect for them.

If anybody on here is interested there are two pretty cool big cat sanctuaries here in Indiana. My wife and I visited them both last year a couple of times. The tours are very informative and to see those big cats up close and personal is awesome! (especially if there's new babies)

mb4zlu.jpg

Great Cats of Indiana Sanctuary & Rescue Facility for Big Cats

Welcome to the EFRC!

Both operate mostly from donations, so the appear kinda rough around the edges. Not the shiny new cages you might expect to see, but the cats are better off there than anywhere else.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I wasn't trying to rain on the thread or bring it down. It's just that after seeing some of them last year I have a whole new respect for them.

If anybody on here is interested there are two pretty cool big cat sanctuaries here in Indiana. My wife and I visited them both last year a couple of times. The tours are very informative and to see those big cats up close and personal is awesome! (especially if there's new babies)

mb4zlu.jpg

Great Cats of Indiana Sanctuary & Rescue Facility for Big Cats

Welcome to the EFRC!

Both operate mostly from donations, so the appear kinda rough around the edges. Not the shiny new cages you might expect to see, but the cats are better off there than anywhere else.

Nah, no worries...Those are some crazy stats about white Bengals though...

I may have to check out one of those sanctuaries some time...Calling in advance to make sure there are kittens of course.:D

I'm not a cat person, but those kittens I could get on board with.;)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Nah, no worries...Those are some crazy stats about white Bengals though...

I may have to check out one of those sanctuaries some time...Calling in advance to make sure there are kittens of course.:D

I'm not a cat person, but those kittens I could get on board with.;)

The problem with kittens is that they grow up to be cats.

In this case....

Really. Effing. BIG! Cats.

The kind of cats that hear, "Here, kitty kitty!" like a housecat hears a canopener.

Those in the pic above are really cute... from over there. I have no desire to be turned into a steak or three.

Blessings,
    B

Top Bottom