• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4x4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Im not asking for any real reason, just making conversation. What neighborhood(s) do you consider the worst?

I grew up near 10th and Rural, but I think the Meadows is worse than that area. Probably Haughville too.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    42nd and Post was at the top of IMPD's list. Idk if it still is or not. I do know I would not go there unarmed if I were you. The meadows really isn't as bad as it used to be.

zx6rman96

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    42nd and post for sure.. I work that area, and whole east side. at 42nd and post there are camera's on the telephone poles watching all that goes on

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    42nd and Post was at the top of IMPD's list. Idk if it still is or not. I do know I would not go there unarmed if I were you. The meadows really isn't as bad as it used to be.

I grew up at 42nd and Post...lived in the Three Fountain Apartments with my mom and my little brother. Also lived at 46th and Arlington in the Devington area. That was in the late 60's and early 70's...it was pretty rough then...way worse now.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Here you go:
    Indianapolis, IN Crime Map - Showing Crimes in Indianapolis - Crime Statistics, Alerts and Reports - Crime Stops Here

indy_crime.png

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    :p

the map eldriector put up shows what I am saying... N of Washington is bad, S of Washington, not so much. In my area that is
    Yeah, My aunt has a nice house in Irvington. Good people in that area (if you can deal with the yuppy hippy types :D) but most around there isn't so great.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    30th St from Franklin Rd to German Church Rd up to 46th St is probably the roughest. It is tied with the area north of Washington St east of State St to Sherman Av south of Mass Av. The rest of the "east side" is not bad. Those 2 areas are responsible for most of the news about the east side. I tire of people writting off the entire east side of Indy. I was raised out here, I live and raise my family out here, and I work out here. It is FAR from a lost cause. By FAR most of the residents of my district are hard working resposible citizens that deserve to live crime-free just like every one else.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    In reviewing eld's map, there was an arrest in Meridian Hills? For what? Not using gourmet coffee or wrong shade of brown paint on the carriage house?:laugh:
    Click on the link for more detail. Warrant served and Criminal Mischief. Actually in the neighborhoods up near 79th Street. We have friends up that way, and there is plenty of petty crime (theft, drugs, domestic).

The map definitely shows the low-crime areas.

BTW: IMPD hosts a crime map as well.
    Law Enforcement Map Viewer

Not as fancy as the Google Map, though.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    30th St from Franklin Rd to German Church Rd up to 46th St is probably the roughest. It is tied with the area north of Washington St east of State St to Sherman Av south of Mass Av. The rest of the "east side" is not bad. Those 2 areas are responsible for most of the news about the east side. I tire of people writting off the entire east side of Indy. I was raised out here, I live and raise my family out here, and I work out here. It is FAR from a lost cause. By FAR most of the residents of my district are hard working resposible citizens that deserve to live crime-free just like every one else.

+1, I've never had an issue on the east side. The officers that work out that way do an excellent job, from the MCSD days forward.

Top Bottom