• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Every year for Christmas, my extended family has a gift exchange. It's the "white elephant" type deal, where everyone brings a gift, then we draw numbers, and pick a present from either under the tree or "steal" from someone else who has already picked a gift from under the tree. There are approximately 50 family members who participate and range in ages from about 15 to 70.

For the last few years, the only stipulation was that the gift had to be homemade. I am at a loss this year. I've done some internet searching, and all I have come up with are little craft projects that don't really appeal to me. Does anyone have any ideas? It doesn't necessarily have to be gun related. In the past I've put my personal spice rub in a mason jar, paracord bracelets, etc.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Why not something that's SURE to be "stolen" during every round of stealing?

Bake half a dozen "gourmet" muffins and put them in a tin.

-J-

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Make a Gee Haw Whimmy Diddle

This shows it made from a stick but you could use a dowel.

Interesting. I've never heard of those before.

Why not something that's SURE to be "stolen" during every round of stealing?

Bake half a dozen "gourmet" muffins and put them in a tin.

-J-

Good idea, but unfortunately, my kitchen is completely torn apart right now. Yea, been eating leftovers microwaved for three weeks now and doing dishes in the bathroom. You don't realize the blessing of a big kitchen sink until you're without one for awhile.

I actually found this, and probably going to try it unless I find something different:

How to Make a Handsome and Handy Wooden Bottle Opener | The Art of Manliness

Mrs Evilwrench

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Easiest fudge ever: One "can" of frosting and one bag of chocolate chips (or whatever flavor you like). Nuke 'em for 30 seconds at a time, stir well until all mixed up, and then pour it into a greased square cake pan. When cooled, cut into squares. Easy-peasy! I like how easy it is to change flavors: fudge frosting with dark chocolate chips is a chocoholics paradise, fudge frosting and peanut butter chips is almost like Reese's...

Reno316

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Muncie
    Every year for Christmas, my extended family has a gift exchange. It's the "white elephant" type deal, where everyone brings a gift, then we draw numbers, and pick a present from either under the tree or "steal" from someone else who has already picked a gift from under the tree. There are approximately 50 family members who participate and range in ages from about 15 to 70.

For the last few years, the only stipulation was that the gift had to be homemade. I am at a loss this year. I've done some internet searching, and all I have come up with are little craft projects that don't really appeal to me. Does anyone have any ideas? It doesn't necessarily have to be gun related. In the past I've put my personal spice rub in a mason jar, paracord bracelets, etc.

Start home brewing, give a six pack of home brew.

A 6 gallon batch of beer yields about 48-52 bottles. Give away 6 bottles, keep the rest. :)

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    bird houses

I'll look into that, but I'm not really a woodworker.

Pick up the dog poop in your yard and label the bag "Organic Home Made Fertilizer".

My luck, I'd get stuck with it.

Easiest fudge ever: One "can" of frosting and one bag of chocolate chips (or whatever flavor you like). Nuke 'em for 30 seconds at a time, stir well until all mixed up, and then pour it into a greased square cake pan. When cooled, cut into squares. Easy-peasy! I like how easy it is to change flavors: fudge frosting with dark chocolate chips is a chocoholics paradise, fudge frosting and peanut butter chips is almost like Reese's...

That's a good idea. I like it, nice and simple.

I'll take a look.

Start home brewing, give a six pack of home brew.

A 6 gallon batch of beer yields about 48-52 bottles. Give away 6 bottles, keep the rest. :)

I have thought about getting into home brewing for awhile, but never pulled the trigger. I don't think I should give away my first batch, could be nasty. Maybe next year.

Thanks for all the recommendations so far. Keep them coming. I will probably start this weekend, since the party is next Sunday.

Thanks again.

Top Bottom