• ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Benefit Event for 14-year-old NWI Girl, Paralyzed From Vaccine, 11/21/2009

A Northwest Indiana family needs your help. Zeda Pingel, age 14, took a vaccine recommended by her doctor to prevent HPV. The girl then suffered a series of seizures and is now completely paralyzed, in a near-vegetative state. Doctors continue to insist that the Gardasil vaccine is not dangerous, even though there are hundreds of families clamoring for a simple study to be done to show the link between vaccines and neurological disorders.

Zeda's family needs financial help and support to give Zeda the physical therapy she needs. Every dollar will help to bring this young teen back to the vibrant active young woman that she was prior to the Gardisil vaccine.

facvmv_thumb.jpg

Benefit for Zeda

American Legion Post 100
    1899 Central Ave
    Lake Station, IN

November 21, 2009
    5:00 - 11:00 PM

The family, friends and supporters of Zeda Pingel, 14, of Lake Station, will host a fundraiser/social event to help offset her medical bills.

Tickets cost $10.00 and include dinner, music, a silent auction and activities for children. Further donations are appreciated.

1011gard10.jpg_20091010_19_45_19_702-281-400.imageContent

1011gard2.jpg_20091010_23_13_12_749-281-400.imageContent
    1011gard6.jpg_20091010_19_32_15_691-281-400.imageContent
    1011gard8.jpg_20091010_19_40_56_698-281-400.imageContent
    1011gard1.jpg_20091010_19_22_12_677-281-400.imageContent
    1011gard9.jpg_20091010_19_42_22_699-281-400.imageContent
    1011gard3.jpg_20091010_19_26_32_680-281-400.imageContent

Zeda suffered a life-threatening reaction to a cervical cancer vaccine on Nov. 5, 2008, and she now needs 24/7 care from her family and rotating nurses.

Contact the family at zedapingelbenefit@yahoo.com
    or via the website CarePages - Zeda Pingel

Vaccine left teen in 'fight for life' :: Post-Tribune

gardasil3-biohazard.jpg

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    A Northwest Indiana family needs your help. Zeda Pingel, age 14, took a vaccine recommended by her doctor to prevent HPV. The girl then suffered a series of seizures and is now completely paralyzed, in a near-vegetative state. Doctors continue to insist that the Gardasil vaccine is not dangerous, even though there are hundreds of families clamoring for a simple study to be done to show the link between vaccines and neurological disorders.

Zeda's family needs financial help and support to give Zeda the physical therapy she needs. Every dollar will help to bring this young teen back to the vibrant active young woman that she was prior to the Gardisil vaccine.

The family, friends and supporters of Zeda Pingel, 14, of Lake Station, will host a fundraiser/social event to help offset her medical bills.

Tickets cost $10.00 and include dinner, music, a silent auction and activities for children. Further donations are appreciated.

OK, I'm going to make a call for some honesty here. That's actually worded much more strongly than I want it to be, but here's why I'm saying it:

I do not doubt that the young lady took the Gardisil vaccine.
    I do not doubt the seizures that followed, nor will I address that as the reason for them.
    I do not doubt the young lady's current condition.
    I do not doubt the American Legion's good intentions.

However:

If this young lady is truly in a vegetative state, physical therapy is not likely to improve her condition, certainly not to the point of being a "vibrant, active young woman". If they want to help offset her medical bills, great, no problem. This is a good thing they're trying to do for her and her family. Giving anyone false hope for an outcome that is at best highly unlikely, however, is not good at all, and it is that with which I take issue. If her condition is likely to respond to PT, I don't think that qualifies as "vegetative" or even "near-vegetative". Personally, I hope that is the case and her condition has merely been misrepresented as worse than it is- this would be far better for her, her family, and indeed, everyone concerned. I wish her well.

Blessings,
    Bill

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If this young lady is truly in a vegetative state, physical therapy is not likely to improve her condition, certainly not to the point of being a "vibrant, active young woman". If they want to help offset her medical bills, great, no problem.

I think the wording was a little off myself. I have no doubt the family has incurred significant hardships, financial and otherwise, so I think its a worthwhile cause.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Good post. Most, if not all vaccines have not had trending done AFTER they are administered to prove they actually work. This comes from the Dr. my wife works for at the VA.

JustGone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    In the PRK now =(
    It said near-vegetative state, meaning not actually vegetative.

So maybe there is something they can do, maybe the physical therapy is done because there is a chance that her brain can relearn how to make the muscles work properly?

Top Bottom