• ...and so much more!
  • RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    :+1::usa::patriot:

Thanks for posting that video link, I've heard that audio file for years but never saw the video. Red nailed it very well in that performance. For those of you too young to know who that is, it's a man named Richard Bernard, stage name was Red Skelton. He was from Vincennes Indiana....a son of our great state and a proud American. Sadly there's not many like him left, RIP Red. :patriot:

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    :+1::usa::patriot:

Thanks for posting that video link, I've heard that audio file for years but never saw the video. Red nailed it very well in that performance. For those of you too young to know who that is, it's a man named Richard Bernard, stage name was Red Skelton. He was from Vincennes Indiana....a son of our great state and a proud American. Sadly there's not many like him left, RIP Red. :patriot:

No matter how many times I hear or watch him do that, I choke up!
    There is a huge lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. Every time!
    Thanks for posting that. :patriot:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    No matter how many times I hear or watch him do that, I choke up!
    There is a huge lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. Every time!
    Thanks for posting that. :patriot:

There's that emotional female thing going on again.:rolleyesedit:

( *cough*:bs: *cough*, which is why I had the same reaction myself. God bless you, Red Skelton, and God bless America.)

B

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    There's that emotional female thing going on again.:rolleyesedit:

( *cough*:bs: *cough*, which is why I had the same reaction myself. God bless you, Red Skelton, and God bless America.)

B

He puts so much feeling and meaning into it. It is so REAL! :patriot:
    (and, no, I'm not the "emotional" type - except when it comes to the FLAG, the NATIONAL ANTHEM, and the PLEDGE!)

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    He puts so much feeling and meaning into it. It is so REAL! :patriot:
    (and, no, I'm not the "emotional" type - except when it comes to the FLAG, the NATIONAL ANTHEM, and the PLEDGE!)

The only way even an actor can put that much feeling into something is to have it within them in the first place. You may color me unsurprised that Bro. Red Skelton, 33`, was a true American patriot. There are still plenty of those around, but they don't get the airtime they used to. D'you think that's because the venues are run by folks who won't allow news anchors to wear that flag as a pin on their suits?

Blessings,
    B

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    The only way even an actor can put that much feeling into something is to have it within them in the first place. You may color me unsurprised that Bro. Red Skelton, 33`, was a true American patriot. There are still plenty of those around, but they don't get the airtime they used to. D'you think that's because the venues are run by folks who won't allow news anchors to wear that flag as a pin on their suits?

Blessings,
    B

I agree. It seems that certain media are trying to discourage patriotism! (And loyalty)

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I agree. It seems that certain media are trying to discourage patriotism! (And loyalty)

Since TV has become the babysitter of several generations and actual parenting time has diminished the various media/medium (MTV, hip hop, rap, liberal media, screen writers and movie producers) are shaping the minds and values of our young. I'm not a prude by any means but when you can flip on HBO at 3 PM on a Sunday (or any day) and observe hard core (what I consider) sexual activity it says something about our moral value statement to our young. The John Wayne types have disappeared, the TV shows with a moral value are few and far between. Sad Commentary on our culture :rolleyesedit:

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Since TV has become the babysitter of several generations and actual parenting time has diminished the various media/medium (MTV, hip hop, rap, liberal media, screen writers and movie producers) are shaping the minds and values of our young. I'm not a prude by any means but when you can flip on HBO at 3 PM on a Sunday (or any day) and observe hard core (what I consider) sexual activity it says something about our moral value statement to our young. The John Wayne types have disappeared, the TV shows with a moral value are few and far between. Sad Commentary on our culture :rolleyesedit:

It's everywhere! How about CBS's "Swing Town"? What does that teach kids? It seems that media is trying to destroy the country by lowering the moral standards of our children Just look at Gloster Mass. - children 16 and younger pregnant! Numbers in the teens (17?) - and everyone acts as if it's no big deal. :xmad:

Hiram Abiff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Wayne Co.
    When good men gather, He is there.

Found this in my mail this morning.

If you missed hearing the US Army Band and Chorus welcome Pope Benedict XVI at the White House Rose Garden ceremony on 15 April, get a load of these high school kids. At the conclusion listen to the high notes on the trumpet . . . played by a high school kid! One of the fathers recorded it, added some graphic enhancements to the recording, and posted it on the web. The song, of course, is the "Battle Hymn Of The Republic." Be prepared .. . . it will definitely send a few shivers up your spine.http://www.greatdanepromilitary.com/Battle%20Hymn/index.htm

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Found this in my mail this morning.

If you missed hearing the US Army Band and Chorus welcome Pope Benedict XVI at the White House Rose Garden ceremony on 15 April, get a load of these high school kids. At the conclusion listen to the high notes on the trumpet . . . played by a high school kid! One of the fathers recorded it, added some graphic enhancements to the recording, and posted it on the web. The song, of course, is the "Battle Hymn Of The Republic." Be prepared .. . . it will definitely send a few shivers up your spine.http://www.greatdanepromilitary.com/Battle%20Hymn/index.htm

Wow! A little more than misty-eyed here! That was absolutely beautiful! And moving! :patriot:
    Thank you for the link. I have it "Bookmarked" and if possible will have my son "burn" (?) a copy for me.
    Thanks again!!!!!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Wow! A little more than misty-eyed here! That was absolutely beautiful! And moving! :patriot:
    Thank you for the link. I have it "Bookmarked" and if possible will have my son "burn" (?) a copy for me.
    Thanks again!!!!!

Beautiful. Moving. Saddening. Why saddening? IMHO, because men like Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, and even Madison would not recognize the country this has become. I think they would look each other in the eye, shake their heads in sorrow and ask themselves where they went wrong. The answer is that they did not, but those who followed them and who preceded us did, and our grandfathers and their fathers and grandfathers didn't stop it when they could. Now it's up to us to do what they did not, and it's a much bigger task. Still, though, sadness can be turned to determination, so let's get those sleeves rolled up and get to work. God knows this country isn't going to fix itself.:patriot:

Blessings,
    B

Top Bottom