• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I've always thought the Raptor was cool, but seeing it fly in person at the Indy Air Show a couple years ago gave me a whole new appreciation for its capabilities. Breathtaking would not be an overstatement.

DSC_0907.jpg

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I've always thought the Raptor was cool, but seeing it fly in person at the Indy Air Show a couple years ago gave me a whole new appreciation for its capabilities. Breathtaking would not be an overstatement.

DSC_0907.jpg

I particularly like my pic of the F-22 that I took at the 2008 Indy Air Show, much clearer look into the weapons bay!:D

IMG_3067.jpg

50bmgshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 4, 2009
    Greenfield
    I was at the Indy airshow the year the demo team came. They put on an awesome show of performance capabilities. At the end they had a tribute fly-by with an F-22 and a P-51 Mustang. The best of the new and the best of the old.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I love the "Then and now" fly-bys. The year before they had a P-38 Lightning and an A-10 Warthog.

Those are officially known as "Heritage Flights". Here's one from last year's Indy show; an A-10 and a P-51. I am always struck by how small the WWII aircraft are in comparison to today's warbirds.

DSC_1647.jpg

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Those are officially known as "Heritage Flights". Here's one from last year's Indy show; an A-10 and a P-51. I am always struck by how small the WWII aircraft are in comparison to today's warbirds.

I've always been struck by that, too. And yet despite the increased size, we still see that the newer ones are even more agile. Amazing.

f-22-raptor-p-51-mustang.jpg

Another cool heritage flight showing the P-51, F-16, F-15, and F-22.

HF_Bill_16_15_22_ech.JPG

Last edited:
    Top Bottom