• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Picture 16 Is that a Thompson with a round magazine? I thought they used all straight ones, and that guy to his right looks like he has a pistol grip shotgun? I didn't know they used those either (if that is what it is).

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Picture 16 Is that a Thompson with a round magazine? I thought they used all straight ones, and that guy to his right looks like he has a pistol grip shotgun? I didn't know they used those either (if that is what it is).

The M1928A1 used drums, not sure what the guy on his left is carrying...don't think it is a firearm, definitely not a shotgun.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Incredible pictures...thanks for posting!

It is truely AWE-some to see how our brave men and women fought so fiercely to defend freedom and fight against opressive dictators.

sonovasailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    southport
    Photo #10 is of the ship my father was on. U.S.S. Lexington, CVII. He manned a 5"-25 antiaircraft gun on the port-aft gun mount. A 550lb bomb killed the Marines manning the starboard-aft gun mount. That bomb started fires below deck that reached the torpedo storage room. This explosion, shown in the photo, happened after all hands had abandoned the ship. My father was a warrior, I honor him and every one that served and sacrificed to protect our country. My handle reflects that honor.

Top Bottom