Page 105 of 136 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1357
    Shooter
    I like Outdoor Life.

I do not subscribe.

That is all.

I like Ayoob, I have talked to him in person and I never got the idea he was conceited at all... not sure where that one came from. I think he is a stand up guy that has done a LOT of good.

I think his stance on OC is this...

Making Open Carry Safer | Gun Digest - The World's Foremost Gun Information Authority

"Some carry openly to make a statement about gun owners’ civil rights. I can sympathize with that. Some few do so to make a spectacle of themselves. No sympathy here. Either will experience the word “make” in another context: they will be “made” as someone carrying a deadly weapon in public.

The more the gun can “hide in plain sight” through discreet selection of the color of gun finish, stocks, holster, and surrounding clothing, the less trouble the exposed handgun will cause instead of quell.

The more difficult the gun is for an unauthorized user to get out of its holster, and the more difficult it is for an unauthorized person who gains control of it to activate, the better. These are not just political correctness issues. When you look at the number of people who have been killed with their own or their partners’ weapons in the history of law enforcement and professional security, you can see just how significant the risk is that we are talking about. Only a fool would ignore it.
    Open carry may not be this writer’s choice, but for many of our brothers and sisters, it is the only legal way they can be armed in public to protect themselves and their loved ones. Whether or not we choose to exercise it, we want to keep the right of open carry. The above advice is offered in the hope of doing so with maximum safety for ourselves and others."

I totally understand your convictions, but all I see happening is No Firearms Permitted signs going up in places they might have not been before.

Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by indyrun View Post
    I totally understand your convictions, but all I see happening is No Firearms Permitted signs going up in places they might have not been before.

Like where?

Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by indyrun View Post

Yeah, but the more "No Firearms" signs, the more persecuted the general gun owning population will feel, the more they feel like the only place they are allowed to carry guns is their own homes, the more politically active they will get, the more politically active they get, pretty soon we get laws against allowing people to have "No Firearms" signs!

In the end, all the signs are gone, we all carry a nice AK sidefolder to work, and get to show off our superslick 1911s. Life is Good.

Get it! It has to get worse, before it gets better.

The GOAL is to make it worse, so that it can get better.

FAN THE FLAMES OF CONTROVERSY.

We have to let the current system collapse, before a better one gets put in its place.

Wait.. wait... <head snaps back on right> .. whew. I think I just put some pressure on my "Crazy Nerve"... whew. Back to normal.

Honeslty man, I wouldnt worry about it. Its all going to be a non-event in the end, nobody will put up any signs, and a few people will be made more aware of the liberties they currently have here in Indiana.

Thats it. no sky is falling.

Shooter

Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by dom1104 View Post

Actually, those officers are the reason walks like this are necessary. They are thugs, with absolutely no respect for the law, American citizens, or the Constitution. K40, in particular, is a domestic threat. He despises our freedom, and hates us for not having to take a knee when he passes.

Shooter
    Hey Joe, give us a little chest thump. I think they are talking about you.

Isnt it odd that the orginizer of the event, and this K40 guy, both have k40 in their name?

Bizzaro...

(⌐■_■)--︻╦╤─ - - -
    Quote Originally Posted by dom1104 View Post
    So much for the Police Chief's statement about not tolerating an us v them attitude, eh?

The one guy and his "how do we know if a guy carrying a gun is a good guy or bad guy?" rant is laughable. Yes, we know how many thugs and gang bangers OC, so his fear is understandable...

The sad thing is, one would think that a LEO would know the facts and statistics about licensed gun owners, instead of operating under the same misconceptions and lies perpetrated by the media, that "gun owners are bad".

Becoming an INGO Advertiser is easy!
    Click here

Shooter
    Rifle toters trolling for drama at the City Market

This part bothers me.

"What rights were violated during this incident? Did the police department that you supposedly worked for not have the authority to control a scene and all weapons present when conducting an investigation of suspicious or unusual activity? There are several court decisions that weigh officer safety over minimal intrusions on a person's rights. I'm pretty sure that the attention whores were released after they were determined to be within the law. Nobody was arrested. One was handcuffed when he refused to comply with an officer's request. Funny how you don't know this, being an alleged retired officer, but it generally makes police nervous when armed people refuse to cooperate. Thus, the handcuffs.

Don't like it? Sue. Maybe you'll get lucky and get a judge who sees it your way. Or maybe not. That's the way it works. Maybe along the way, you'll lose a little of the social retardation and see that, unlike Burger King, you really can't have it all your way every time. I guess if only the founding fathers knew the wisdom of random internet posters, they could have just nixed the entire judicial branch and just take a poll on INGO.

"

Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadie View Post
    So much for the Police Chief's statement about not tolerating an us v them attitude, eh?

The one guy and his "how do we know if a guy carrying a gun is a good guy or bad guy?" rant is laughable. Yes, we know how many thugs and gang bangers OC, so his fear is understandable...

The sad thing is, one would think that a LEO would know the facts and statistics about licensed gun owners, instead of operating under the same misconceptions and lies perpetrated by the media, that "gun owners are bad".

They know the laws, and the facts, and the statistics. They simply hate our freedom, and the fact that we are free citizens. Officers like that are criminals, as is being amply demonstrated by IMPD's current issues.