• Status
    Not open for further replies.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Meet at the State House south side on Washington St. between Senate and Capitol at 11:30 on Friday the 26th, going to walk down around Circle Center mall and back to the State House then we will lunch at Dick's BBQ at the corner of Market and Penn. and then I'm thinking a stroll thru the mall, I'm hoping to have a couple 4-5 person groups to walk in the mall.

Long guns are welcome on the walk, but will not be allowed in Dick's

Hope to see you there.

Just got off the phone with a sergeant from ISP and he wanted to remind me that the State House and Gov't center downtown have an administrative policy banning Firearms on the property, so please don't park in the Gov't center parking garage

Last edited:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    The main reason on I won't be carrying a handgun is because I don't plan to identify myself other than my first name if asked for ID

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Around the mall... On the side walk or inside the mall? I thought that CC mall was a Simon property. If you are walking around inside the mall then I see some kind of police action happening.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    i oc in every simon mall i have ever been to and never had any issues (mounds mall, hamilton town center, castelton, and even the fashion mall @ 86th and keystone) in fact i don't think i have ever even seen a no firearms sign.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Around the mall... On the side walk or inside the mall? I thought that CC mall was a Simon property. If you are walking around inside the mall then I see some kind of police action happening.

I'm thinking before lunch outside the mall with long guns and after lunch just pistols inside the mall, that's my plan but anyone can carry what they want where they want, just please make it legal.:)

emst52

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lafayette, In
    Sounds like a great and nobel cause but ive got prior engagements but i will keep my fingers crossed for warm weather and maybe even teaching others their rights

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    +1 on the sub 2000. What a wonderful CC gun! I really want to attend an OC event with my 1858 on my hip! Don't think I can make this one though.

I'm sure I will be planning more, maybe one during the 500 parade in May

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Ok, I get that you guys just want to spread awareness and get people comfortable with seeing firearms around, etc.... but let me be the voice of reason for a second. This is the day after Thanksgiving. Black Friday. Everyone and their brother will be out shopping, and having worked retail for the last 17 years, let me tell you that every single retailer will have their eyes peeled for anyone that looks like they might even cause a LITTLE bit of trouble. There WILL be extra security. There WILL be more of a police presence. There WILL be a confrontation, polite or not remains to be seen.

IF you do this, PLEASE keep that in mind. PLEASE keep your cool and your tempers down. WHEN you are asked to leave the mall, PLEASE do so without confrontation. People are already going to be cranky from getting up too early, being around too many people, and endlessly long lines. And that's just the retail workers; that doesn't take into account the people who are out shopping and think only cops and military should have guns, and even THAT should be restricted (in their eyes). Nerves are going to be pulled taught that day, and seeing a bunch of guys toting around long guns on the circle isn't exactly going to ease their minds.

By the way, in response to an earlier post, I don't know about Mounds Mall, but the signs are most certainly posted at Hamilton Town Center, Circle Center, Keystone, and Castleton.

My penny.

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Is the purpose of the walk to raise awareness? Or to educate? Or to make a statement? To protest something? Just 'because'?

I ask because Black Friday is historically very busy with people and police. While that will indeed get you the most exposure, it will also increase the odds of a negative interaction. We are all very aware of the legalities of carrying a long gun in public, and we are now very aware of what can happen when the uninformed become uncomfortable.

While I'm not suggesting letting their discomfort get in the way of your rights, you may want to analyze your benefit-to-risk ratio and re-evaluate your choice of date and/or location.

However, if you feel that the risk is worth the reward, then I wish you guys the best and hope that the day goes off without a hitch.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Is the purpose of the walk to raise awareness? Or to educate? Or to make a statement? To protest something? Just 'because'?

I ask because Black Friday is historically very busy with people and police. While that will indeed get you the most exposure, it will also increase the odds of a negative interaction. We are all very aware of the legalities of carrying a long gun in public, and we are now very aware of what can happen when the uninformed become uncomfortable.

While I'm not suggesting letting their discomfort get in the way of your rights, you may want to analyze your benefit-to-risk ratio and re-evaluate your choice of date and/or location.

However, if you feel that the risk is worth the reward, then I wish you guys the best and hope that the day goes off without a hitch.

The most I can see happening is we get our rights violated again and only build a stronger case for us. I for one am not afraid to stand up for the rights our forefathers gave blood for.:patriot:

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I'd love to attend this one, folks, but I don't think our family plans will allow it. Best wishes for you all, that you keep your cool when confronted, that the cops respond in appropriate legal ways, and that ATFC won't pull out his LCP while he's handcuffed! Carry on!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom