Carried at the Porter County Fair today.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsheets1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Portage NWI
    So in lieu of hoosierdoods issue in Marshall County I decided to cc, albeit badly cause it was so hot, at the Porter County Fair. Immediately in the gate I stopped at the Sheriffs tent to ask about thier rules. On the way in there is a rather old sign stating no firearms or weapons on fair grounds. I knew this particular fair IS county funded, but I wanted clarification and to gauge my local sheriffs feelings on this. The officer I talked to was very young in fact I thought he might be a reserve, but he was not. I asked him first if the fairgrounds was private property, he answered no it wasn't. I then asked him about the sign out front and if he was aware of the new law. He said yes he was, and that I was welcome to enjoy the fair with my family while carrying. I thanked him and told him to have a great day. The only other comment he made about carrying was that as long as your a "proper person" you should have no issues. I again thanked him and told him yes I do have a ltch if that's what your getting at. He laughed and said okay just making sure. All in all a positive experience with a fine Porter County Sheriffs officer.+1 to them. By the way I didn't have a single citizen say anything to me the whole day.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I carried there on Thursday, Had one officer come up to me and ask me what I was carrying. I told him it was an M&P9. He asked me if I liked it, said he had been wanting to get one. We had a nice time talking about handguns and our favorite bullets to use. He was a real nice officer, I think his name was Matt, but I could be wrong.

I suspect that this thread will die soon with no one bashing Officers so far, but if any of you get the chance the Porter County Fair is one of the best in the state.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @Those claiming to be from NWI but NOT LAKE County residents
    1) Nothing bad happened to you (ie. no JB LEO) because you were NOT in LAKE County
    2) While the rest of the state considered you NWI, we true "you people" see you as the step child our momma told us about who has a different daddy then us & really we only see @ the family reunion since ya don't live with us in the housing YOUR PREZ provides 4 us.
    3) You CC'ed OP not OC so off course the :sheep: did not panic. ;)

Serious note:
    +1 for the PORTER County LEO and his reply.
    +1 for you having a good time @ your county fair.

Your are more than welcome to attend ours (LAKE COUNTY) but from what I understand the "no gun" policy is still in effect and that organization that runs the event is a private one as such they can still make the rule for the event and not be in foul with the new law. :rolleyes:

You won't see me there anyways since I've never gone and probably never will. Don't understand why all ya country boys see about going to a county fair to see the chickens, goats, and pigs. :D

BTW NWI we have some upcoming events in AUG.

A medical class, The NWI INGO Meet & Shoot and Appleseed
    See my link in my sig for all the details & hopefully we see you all there.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I'm not trying to be asinine, so forgive me; but I fail to see how getting funds from the public trough makes a difference. The law say political subdivision, which has a very specific meaning. If the fair board is controlled by a political subdivision, then it is covered as well, but just getting some funding doesn't make it covered under the law. What am I missing?

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I carried there on Thursday, Had one officer come up to me and ask me what I was carrying. I told him it was an M&P9. He asked me if I liked it, said he had been wanting to get one. We had a nice time talking about handguns and our favorite bullets to use. He was a real nice officer, I think his name was Matt, but I could be wrong.

I suspect that this thread will die soon with no one bashing Officers so far, but if any of you get the chance the Porter County Fair is one of the best in the state.

Invite him out to shoot yours. Never know when having a good friend in LE will come in handy, :)

Top Bottom