• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Have you ever had a gun pointed at you?

• Total voters

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Simple YES or NO question with a poll.

Have you ever had a gun pointed at you?

Im not talking about a gun pointed at you during training (force on force scenario, weapon disarming training etc) where the gun is held by a non-hostile hand and you know your life is not in danger (usually done with replica, empty gun or inert gun).

Im talking about any case where you have a real and probably loaded (I know that every guns are loaded :rolleyes:) gun pointed at you that represents a threat, either held by a criminal, a LEO (maybe a lesser threat in that case but still a loaded gun pointed at you), a neighbor, a family menber who heard a noise during the night ... etc.

Hand-Holding-Gun-1-psd4450.png

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    it WAS loaded and pointed in your direction...I'd say it counts.....and YES on all counts....plust have done plenty of pointing myself

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I voted 'yes' but not sure how to count this one...I had a guy in a car pull his gun and wave it at me in, what I assumed was, a threatening manner (at least I felt threatened!)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    it WAS loaded and pointed in your direction...I'd say it counts.....and YES on all counts....plust have done plenty of pointing myself

Im curious about that too, how many people pointed a gun at someone.
    I would like to compare it to a poll about "Have you ever shot someone or be shot".

Im curious about how many "pointing" end up in "shooting", either by police, military, civilians. :dunno:

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    Twice.

Once by multiple IPD officers on Pendleton Pike during a traffic stop. Long story. Here's the short version. I was designated driver, everyone else in car was wasted. LE assumed I was intoxicated. Glock 19 on my right hip. LEO called for back up. Drew their weapons and disarmed me.

Second time. I was 19. Friend was on his way to my house around midnight. It was raining and he needed tires. He runs off the road and puts it in a ditch. He walks to the nearest house (about .75 mile). Calls me, I go get him, we go to try to get his car and it's gone. Call the Sheriff's Dept., they had it towed. Go to the tow yard (private owned), knock on the door for about 5 minutes, no answer. He decides to get some of his stuff out of his car and we will come back in the morning. He gets in the car and I am standing beside it watching him and we hear a shotgun racking behind us. Turn around and look down the barrel of a 12ga. Fun Times.

Swim404

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    ATL
    My friends and I learned the hard way that having a paintball gun on a college campus is a horrible idea...and then I got an even tougher lesson when I used the emergency stairs to go down and tell the police it was mine. Multiple LEOs jumped out with their guns pointed at me and I had to walk backwards with my hands on my head until I reached the wall :( Pretty traumatizing for anyone, let alone a college girl. I've been told by a police chief that since it was college PD that I am extremely lucky I didn't accidentally get shot.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I voted 'yes' but not sure how to count this one...I had a guy in a car pull his gun and wave it at me in, what I assumed was, a threatening manner (at least I felt threatened!)

I had some dumbass do that too after he pulled out and almost hit me, so I flashed my lights and hit my horn. Got his license plate and flagged down a cop (sometimes there is a cop when you need one). Stuck around and chatted with the cop while he called it in. Came back over the radio that the dumbass had been pulled over. Just so happened it was on my way home so I drove nice and slow past where he was pulled over and with my window down, laughed as loud and hard as I could, so said dumbass could hear. That was kinda fun...

But the worst was hiking up a hill to a friends house and a different dumbass some rolling out of the door pointing a .45 down the hill at me and a buddy. I hit the ground. Fast.

He said he was joking around. Dumbasses should not mix alcohol and pistols. I really dislike dumbasses...

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    Yes, twice.

The first time occurred when I was 3 1/2 years old. The POS that murdered my mother shot her 5 times and when she told me to run and hide behind the bedroom door, he fired at me and missed. This was from a distance of about 8-9 feet.

The second time occurred when one of our most disliked police officers(he would have fit in well with the Canton PD)came up to my car in a parking lot while I was waiting for my wife to get off work. I had my shotgun in the backseat as I had been shooting it earlier in the day. When he shined his flashlight on it, he freaks out and draws his Glock on me.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I had some dumbass do that too after he pulled out and almost hit me, so I flashed my lights and hit my horn. Got his license plate and flagged down a cop (sometimes there is a cop when you need one). Stuck around and chatted with the cop while he called it in. Came back over the radio that the dumbass had been pulled over. Just so happened it was on my way home so I drove nice and slow past where he was pulled over and with my window down, laughed as loud and hard as I could, so said dumbass could hear. That was kinda fun...

But the worst was hiking up a hill to a friends house and a different dumbass some rolling out of the door pointing a .45 down the hill at me and a buddy. I hit the ground. Fast.

He said he was joking around. Dumbasses should not mix alcohol and pistols. I really dislike dumbasses...

Dumbasses and guns should not mix. :rolleyes:

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    3 times. Once by Brownsburg PD for "loitering", once by Morgan or Monroe County for "illegal hunting" and "trespassing" (our property and target shooting) and once by a crazed maniac on the interstate who was being messed with by a friend of mine who was ahead of me. I backed off-when we got to I-465 from I-74 he was shooting at them, then at me.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Two for me too. One when I was 19, I was knocking on my girlfriends window & her neighbor came over with a shotgun. Happy ending, her mom let me in with a hug when they realized it was me.

Second time was driving back from Broad Ripple, driving west on Kessler, apparently driving too slow for the guy behind me, get to the stoplight where Kessler turns south & the road becomes 56th st, and a guy and his girl pull up next to me in the left turn lane in a lowered Monte Carlo. My wife says "He's got a gun!" I look over and his windows up, the Glock is right in front of his girlfriends face pointing at me, all the while she is screaming & ripping him a new one. I take off, he turns left, and my wife says "Go after him & get his license #", and of course I say "HELL NO", & we go home.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Yep, couple of times, both were shotguns.
    First was the mother of a girlfriend, she always did make me nervous, (the mom)
    I was not the first she had pulled on, so I kept my mouth shut and bid farewell.

Second was a PO'd Johnson Co. deputy,
    caught two of us racing down 37 about 2:00 A.M.
    I didn't think he would pull, but it definitely raises the hair on one's neck.

Now, just living life in the slow lane.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    For the record, the event with Johnson Co. was several years ago.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom