I was THINKING about camouflage carry,
    and stumbled upon this writing by a guy
    with a strange name.
    I, however, am thinking of plaid on plaid
    on plaid on plaid.

Making Open Carry Safer | Gun Digest - We Know Guns So You Know Guns

Thanks

Mark
    Last edited by Markedup; 05-21-2012 at 22:32.

Interesting read, but really, who among us who open carries didn't already know this? I could see it being useful for someone who refuses to CC for whatever reason, and is going to be passing through a state where they will be forced to OC. For me, though, I'll just continue to OC as I normally do.

Wow, I think I saw a guy last night at Subway who took that article to heart....Black cargo pants, black t-shirt, OC'd full size glock. Now, if he were successful in his emulation of Mr. Ayoob, I wouldn't have noticed his firearm. HOWEVER, he must have been using some elastic for a gun belt because his holster (looked to be either a bladtech or safariland) was drooping off his belt. We're talking 3-4" from the but of the gun to his side while the muzzle in pointing in towards his leg.
    "The World's Not Safe Anymore" - Found etched into a door in NE KY,USA, 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by indytechnerd View Post
    Wow, I think I saw a guy last night at Subway who took that article to heart....Black cargo pants, black t-shirt, OC'd full size glock. Now, if he were successful in his emulation of Mr. Ayoob, I wouldn't have noticed his firearm. HOWEVER, he must have been using some elastic for a gun belt because his holster (looked to be either a bladtech or safariland) was drooping off his belt. We're talking 3-4" from the but of the gun to his side while the muzzle in pointing in towards his leg.
    I can't stand people who do that. Besides the obvious fact that you're pointing it at yourself, it has to be difficult to walk around with it banging into things, and its not very secure. They make us all look bad...

I was expecting this based upon the title....

Of course less people notice it if it's not an obvious contrast, condition white is an understatement to describe most of the people I come across when in public.

Quote Originally Posted by canav844 View Post
    I was expecting this based upon the title....

Of course less people notice it if it's not an obvious contrast, condition white is an understatement to describe most of the people I come across when in public.
    I've had people literally bump into my gun, (separate rant, whatever happened to courtesy?) and not even realize it. Nobody opens their eyes anymore. Makes it even more important for people like us to maintain situational awareness.

The lack of awareness is shocking. I cc nearly 100% of the time, but I have become far less concerned about printing and wearing just the right clothing because nobody notices!