Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    Shooter

What would you do if someone degunned you?

If you had your hands full, and someone degunned you, took your mag out, and handed you back your ammo and set the gun on a table....

How would you react?

How should the POLICE react?

Are you justified in kicking some butt?

How would the police react to that? Would they say its OK because he went for your gun?

These are the questions swimming thru my head at the moment....

honestly , (like in your other post) id be stunned , the audacity ........ i'd like to say i'd kick some "butt" but i don't know
    "Be careful when prying my gun from my cold, dead hands. The barrel will be hot"

Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by williamnewman1 View Post
    honestly , (like in your other post) id be stunned , the audacity ........ i'd like to say i'd kick some "butt" but i don't know
    I was stunned, did nothing, and just stood there like a monkey.

So I KNOW how I would react.

In my personal opinion, LEO's that I know tell me that they have justification to use force under those circumstances. I don't think it should be any different for anyone else. I can only assume you to be a threat if you reach for my weapon and I will react accordingly. Whether or not that is LEGALLY justified?
    Son, the first amendment protects you from the government, Not from me.

I would like to think that I would drop what I was holding and protect my weapon. I always try to keep my right hand empty, but if I have to carry something, I try to put the least important or expensive thing in my right hand. No ones situational awareness is perfect, but I try.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote - Benjamin Franklin

No one loves bacon like a pig.

One Law

four rules

Now, how about throwing out another wild tangent? What if that person comes up from behind you, without announcing themselves and grabs for your sidearm? You react accordingly, and it's a COP?!?

I bring this up because I've had it happen and so has another friend of mine. Although, I had the advantage of not "needing" to react.

Someone trying to steal my firearm while I'm wearing it would probably make me fear for my life or severe bodily harm. I would react as the situation allowed.
    I stand with the Monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by the1kidd03 View Post
    Now, how about throwing out another wild tangent? What if that person comes up from behind you, without announcing themselves and grabs for your sidearm? You react accordingly, and it's a COP?!?

I bring this up because I've had it happen and so has another friend of mine. Although, I had the advantage of not "needing" to react.
    Unannounced? I'd HOPE they would get the same treatment as any other bum.

Man, I need a force-on-force class or 10......
    Ryan "ElDirector"
    _(O|||||||O)_

Danville Conservation Club | JPFrog Offroaders
    Indiana Four Wheel Drive Assoc.
    I make my own luck.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

“The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”
    ― Dante Alighieri, Inferno

Quote Originally Posted by the1kidd03 View Post

Then they are in serious need of re-education on how best to conduct their duties in a professional manner.
    I stand with the Monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    Unannounced? I'd HOPE they would get the same treatment as any other bum.

Man, I need a force-on-force class or 10......
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium_Frost View Post
    Then they are in serious need of re-education on how best to conduct their duties in a professional manner.
    AGREED. Keep in mind, this was several years ago. BUT, I always wondered what would have happened had I reacted like I normally would. (The only reason I didn't was because a friend walking with me was able to give me an obvious look and slight head shake, indicating to me NOT to just in time.)

Cop could have ended up injured or killed, and I would have likely been shot or at least arrested. And for what? Protecting myself against an uneducated irresponsible LEO?

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast