Poll: What do you do for LGS Carry?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: LGS Carry

LGS Carry

Every LGS I've been to has a sign that reads something along the lines of "No Loaded Weapons In The Store". So, in light of this recent thread:

http://ingunowners.com/forums/genera...yes_again.html

I'm curious what you INGOers do in regards to these signs when it comes to your LGS? Now a lot of establishments have "No Weapons" signs and I know that the signs don't have legal weight in and of themselves, a lot of people ignore them and if they're concealed usually go unbothered and if they're OC will just leave and find another place. But the LGS tends to be a more hangout/friendly place and I tend not to want to "buck the system" there.

Also, INGO LGS owners/operators, what's your opinions regarding the "No Loaded Weapons" signs and the above thread?

Those signs are for insurance and idiots that come in wanting work done on a loaded gun. Shop workers don't want to be handed a loaded freaking gun. As long as gun stays in holster you should have no problems. At least all the shops I have entered have had no problems with me OC'ing.

Yeah, it's ironic that a gun shop which is one of the greatest proponents of the 2nd amendment bars people from exercising their rights.

I hear on this forum people getting all upset when a restaurant or a clothing store won't let them carry, so they refuse to do business with them.

How many of them refuse to do business with a gun store when they post the same sign?

CC, Problem Solved. I dont go anywere unless Im carrying.
    A reporter interviewing a Marine Sniper asked, " What do you feel when you have to shoot a terrorist"? The Marine shrugged his shoulders and replied "Recoil"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Those signs are for insurance and idiots that come in wanting work done on a loaded gun. Shop workers don't want to be handed a loaded freaking gun. As long as gun stays in holster you should have no problems. At least all the shops I have entered have had no problems with me OC'ing.
    This...if it stays holstered they don't care, just don't waive it around.

I have always assumed that it in reference to someone trying to sell/trade a firearm.

Some guy brings in a gun he wants to sell and hands over a loaded gun for inspection, I could certainly understand a LGS employee getting upset about that.

This gets brought up every few months on INGO, and can get kinda heated sometimes.

BowhuntnHoosier pretty much nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post

I always thought it was really meant for guys bringing in guns for work or trade. I could certainly see a liability standpoint of it though for their business though. That being said, I USUALLY abide by the sign by carrying my weapon HOLSTERED and out of respect for their wishes I remove the magazine (placing it in my back pocket so it's still accessible).

TODAY, however, I traveled to a couple of the LGS as I normally do each week/when I get the chance to do so. I walked into one of my favorites (PSS) which actually DOES NOT have such a sign posted. Hence, I was OC and loaded without dropping the mag. I've OCed in there DOZENS of times, as has my wife. Often talking to Bob, bargaining, etc. I've NEVER had a problem in there in the 15 or so years I've bought from them probably nearly half of all my gun purchases. Yet, today one of their "new" guys (I think he's been there maybe a year or so, don't remember him before that) asked if it was loaded, and it caught me "off guard." He asked (or rather "ordered" although respectfully) that I go back to my vehicle and unload. My wife and I complied, but didn't buy anything and had my FIRST "unsatisfactory" visit there. I'm still a little disappointed to be honest. Make a policy, stick to it by all employees and enforce it universally...or don't do it at all IMO.

Then went to Bradis and dropped mag as usual per their sign on the door, no problems.
    Son, the first amendment protects you from the government, Not from me.

Signs? What signs?
    The original low speed, high drag operator.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain
    "Tom is not only right all the time but he's also handsome"

Plinker
    Can't say I've ever seen a sign like that anywhere I go but I haven't been looking for one either.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast