• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Saw a preregistration sign up at cabelas for a IL ccw permit??? anyone know what thats about?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Court of Appeals, IIRC, told them in December that they had six months to write a law allowing for carry by citizens. Their six months is up in June (I think on the 1st, but not sure.) If they fail to pass such a law, and their current law criminalizing the act is voided as unConstitutional, they will by default go to Constitutional Carry.

There has been much to-do about Illinois turning into the "Wild West" and many other such pronouncements, all of which will be proven wrong, of course, though if IL was to "become the Wild West", there would certainly be less crime there.

Time will tell what happens.

Blessings,
    Bill

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    My source said that the AG asked for 30 more days so their deadline is in July.

Lisa Madigen did ask for more time. I have not hear that it was approved yet.

The time expires on June 6th. I don't expect them to get something passed by then, the last bill Carry bill IL had lost by a good number. It was pretty bad but not as bad as I thought it would be.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Lisa Madigen did ask for more time. I have not hear that it was approved yet.

The time expires on June 6th. I don't expect them to get something passed by then, the last bill Carry bill IL had lost by a good number. It was pretty bad but not as bad as I thought it would be.

^This!

IL congress has only 2 weeks left before they go on break. We are now 3 weeks away from the D-Day (June 6) deadline.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    There was a preliminary writeup in the Chicago Tribune today. The highlights were:

May issue, must present a valid reason for need of permit.
    Training required.
    Age 21.
    No felonies or violent misdemeanors.
    $100 fee, plus an additional $50 for a Chicago rider.
    No carry on trains, busses or in schools, bars, churches, govt. buildings.
    Eye screening required.
    No history of mental illness.

These are the highlights. I am sure I missed some things, but I passes the paper on to a friend. Full story below.

Concealed carry rules for Illinois emerge but face uncertain fate - Chicago Tribune

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    There was a preliminary writeup in the Chicago Tribune today. The highlights were:

May issue, must present a valid reason for need of permit.
    Training required.
    Age 21.
    No felonies or violent misdemeanors.
    $100 fee, plus an additional $50 for a Chicago rider.
    No carry on trains, busses or in schools, bars, churches, govt. buildings.
    Eye screening required.
    No history of mental illness.

These are the highlights. I am sure I missed some things, but I passes the paper on to a friend. Full story below.

Concealed carry rules for Illinois emerge but face uncertain fate - Chicago Tribune

That was part of it. They also didn't mention that each township can and will have to make their own laws about who can carry, round/mag limit, firearms registration with ballistic sample given to the state police, no Face to Face sales with out and FFL. There were some other things as well but I don't remember them very well. I'm really curious to see what happen on June 6th.

Also I dont trust the Trib for anything other then towing the Daily/Obama/Emaunaul line.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The IL HOUSE already said that the IL SENATE Bill they can shove it. they will not comprise with the senate and there will be no comprise with chicago/cook county. so the bill that the newspaper quoted is dead really.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2-fFJM6jtE

For INGOers who are curious about how the antis lost Illinois:

Court overturns Illinois concealed carry ban - Conservative News

Moore v. Madigan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/12/robert-farago/nra-illinois-will-be-a-shall-issue-state/

For those wanting a play by play:

Illinois State Rifle Association

Days of our Trailers: Chicago Running Scared

Days of our Trailers: IL CCW..Round ∞ +1

The battle is hand to hand. ISRA is using e-tools and helmets in Springfield.

If you want to help, join here: www.isra.org. Chicago is the anvil of victory. We cannot win without destroying Chicago. It must be defeated and defeated in detail.

The fight is at your door, lift a hand.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    I lived in Chicagoland for about 6 years, 1985-1991. I told my friends there when I left that, sometime before I die, I will return to Chicago and will walk down Michigan Ave. with a concealed handgun and will do so legally.

I am more encouraged than ever that I will indeed do just that.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    There has been much to-do about Illinois turning into the "Wild West" and many other such pronouncements, all of which will be proven wrong, of course, though if IL was to "become the Wild West", there would certainly be less crime there.

:+1: The Wild West wasn't nearly as wild as present-day IL or most other US locales of our present day. The Wild West would be a big improvement. Is it a coincidence that the 2nd Amendment was much more widely acknowledged and respected then, whereas nowadays often watered down or even denied? I think not.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    :+1: The Wild West wasn't nearly as wild as present-day IL or most other US locales of our present day. The Wild West would be a big improvement. Is it a coincidence that the 2nd Amendment was much more widely acknowledged and respected then, whereas nowadays often watered down or even denied? I think not.

I once heard, and believe it to be true, that "coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous".
    Others are free to share that belief if they wish to do so. :)

Blessings,
    Bill

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    The most up to date information is at illinoiscarry.com the NRA lobbyst posts there daily. The Illinois AG was approved a 30 day extension for filing for cert from SCOTUS but at this time has not asked for an extension on the 180 days. It is comming but when is still a question no one can answer. I could still go to the SCOTUS which would probably put the decision June 2014 if a bill is not passed. Things change every day sometimes every hour and it is a battle but in the long run we will win. Jim.

sonofd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Valparaiso Indiana
    I lived in Chicagoland for about 6 years, 1985-1991. I told my friends there when I left that, sometime before I die, I will return to Chicago and will walk down Michigan Ave. with a concealed handgun and will do so legally.

I am more encouraged than ever that I will indeed do just that.
    That would be nice. I work nights downtown. Been there for about 5 years now. I've got 3 coworkers that have been mugged since I started working there.
    Hopefully some progress will be made soon and law abiding citizens won't be required to walk around defenseless for much longer.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    ^This!

IL congress has only 2 weeks left before they go on break. We are now 3 weeks away from the D-Day (June 6) deadline.
    I imagine the governor can call the legislature into a special session if they don't do it themselves. Nevertheless the court-mandated deadline remains. Now let's just watch and see what kind of judge crawls out from under a rock somewhere and issues an order extending the time limit. Remember, bills banning abortion, gun rights and tax law changes are usually blocked during an appeal. Bills on gay marriage, open borders, pay raises for congress go into effect during appeals. So don't be disappointed by what may happen in the next few weeks.:xmad:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    If constitutional carry goes into effect, will any legal person from any state be able to carry?

Tagged for the answer.

If I'm allowed to carry in Chicago, I'm soooo going back to where I got mugged and I'm looking for my Foster Grants and my Maybelline bubble gum flavored roll-on lip gloss.
    (Why, yes...that happened in the 80s. Why do you ask?)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I imagine the governor can call the legislature into a special session if they don't do it themselves. Nevertheless the court-mandated deadline remains. Now let's just watch and see what kind of judge crawls out from under a rock somewhere and issues an order extending the time limit. Remember, bills banning abortion, gun rights and tax law changes are usually blocked during an appeal. Bills on gay marriage, open borders, pay raises for congress go into effect during appeals. So don't be disappointed by what may happen in the next few weeks.:xmad:

oh i would be VERY dissapointed if IL goes green and becomes constitutional carry.
    1. It will show that the political machine is not as strong without former mayor daliey.
    i do not like him or his thinking but do admire that he was a true machine boss and always got what he wanted (at the state level).

2. if IL does go green its not in the fashion i would have liked, seems like the antis did not really fight they got suckered punch more than anything else. to paraphrase the current chicago mayor how do you defeat your political opponet (he was eating a steak at the time). you cut him and continue to cut him until he is dead and very well done.

we have not done that to them. if i could i would ship them to a zillion light years away galaxy in a anither dimension. btw that is what i like about the current mayor he takes the fight to his enemy and is brutal/restless about it anything goes which is something our side is not willing to do.

Top Bottom