Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Illinois CCW?

Marksman

Illinois CCW?

Saw a preregistration sign up at cabelas for a IL ccw permit??? anyone know what thats about?

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Wherever my wife and the bacon are. Anywhere else is not living, just existing.
    Court of Appeals, IIRC, told them in December that they had six months to write a law allowing for carry by citizens. Their six months is up in June (I think on the 1st, but not sure.) If they fail to pass such a law, and their current law criminalizing the act is voided as unConstitutional, they will by default go to Constitutional Carry.

There has been much to-do about Illinois turning into the "Wild West" and many other such pronouncements, all of which will be proven wrong, of course, though if IL was to "become the Wild West", there would certainly be less crime there.

Time will tell what happens.

Blessings,
    Bill
    Thanks for your help in keeping this a great forum!
    Forum Rules#######Classifieds Rules##############?!?! wait...what?

My source said that the AG asked for 30 more days so their deadline is in July.
    I stand with the Monkey.

Marksman
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium_Frost View Post
    My source said that the AG asked for 30 more days so their deadline is in July.
    Lisa Madigen did ask for more time. I have not hear that it was approved yet.

The time expires on June 6th. I don't expect them to get something passed by then, the last bill Carry bill IL had lost by a good number. It was pretty bad but not as bad as I thought it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by squidvt View Post
    Lisa Madigen did ask for more time. I have not hear that it was approved yet.

The time expires on June 6th. I don't expect them to get something passed by then, the last bill Carry bill IL had lost by a good number. It was pretty bad but not as bad as I thought it would be.
    ^This!

IL congress has only 2 weeks left before they go on break. We are now 3 weeks away from the D-Day (June 6) deadline.

There was a preliminary writeup in the Chicago Tribune today. The highlights were:

May issue, must present a valid reason for need of permit.
    Training required.
    Age 21.
    No felonies or violent misdemeanors.
    $100 fee, plus an additional $50 for a Chicago rider.
    No carry on trains, busses or in schools, bars, churches, govt. buildings.
    Eye screening required.
    No history of mental illness.

These are the highlights. I am sure I missed some things, but I passes the paper on to a friend. Full story below.

Concealed carry rules for Illinois emerge but face uncertain fate - Chicago Tribune

Marksman
    Quote Originally Posted by The Keymaster View Post
    There was a preliminary writeup in the Chicago Tribune today. The highlights were:

May issue, must present a valid reason for need of permit.
    Training required.
    Age 21.
    No felonies or violent misdemeanors.
    $100 fee, plus an additional $50 for a Chicago rider.
    No carry on trains, busses or in schools, bars, churches, govt. buildings.
    Eye screening required.
    No history of mental illness.

These are the highlights. I am sure I missed some things, but I passes the paper on to a friend. Full story below.

Concealed carry rules for Illinois emerge but face uncertain fate - Chicago Tribune
    That was part of it. They also didn't mention that each township can and will have to make their own laws about who can carry, round/mag limit, firearms registration with ballistic sample given to the state police, no Face to Face sales with out and FFL. There were some other things as well but I don't remember them very well. I'm really curious to see what happen on June 6th.

Also I dont trust the Trib for anything other then towing the Daily/Obama/Emaunaul line.

The IL HOUSE already said that the IL SENATE Bill they can shove it. they will not comprise with the senate and there will be no comprise with chicago/cook county. so the bill that the newspaper quoted is dead really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2-fFJM6jtE

For INGOers who are curious about how the antis lost Illinois:

Court overturns Illinois concealed carry ban - Conservative News

Moore v. Madigan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...l-issue-state/

For those wanting a play by play:

Illinois State Rifle Association

Days of our Trailers: Chicago Running Scared

Days of our Trailers: IL CCW..Round ∞ +1

The battle is hand to hand. ISRA is using e-tools and helmets in Springfield.

If you want to help, join here: www.isra.org. Chicago is the anvil of victory. We cannot win without destroying Chicago. It must be defeated and defeated in detail.

The fight is at your door, lift a hand.
    Is it November 4th yet?

Shooter
    I lived in Chicagoland for about 6 years, 1985-1991. I told my friends there when I left that, sometime before I die, I will return to Chicago and will walk down Michigan Ave. with a concealed handgun and will do so legally.

I am more encouraged than ever that I will indeed do just that.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast