• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    The people responsible for bringing the charges against him should be fired. Better yet, their house should be broke into and they only have a phone to call 911 and see how that works out for them.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    The people responsible for bringing the charges against him should be fired. Better yet, their house should be broke into and they only have a phone to call 911 and see how that works out for them.
    But the police got there in 5 minutes, surely nothing could happen in that amount of time!

yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette
    If all things in the article are true, how could anyone find this guy guilty? That's one problem with the criminal justice system, there doesn't seem to be much common sense used sometimes.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I believe if the guy is found not guilty or aquited than the state is liable for fees and i assume lawyer fees too.

Lets see...in 5 minutes i can break into any home short of a castle kill everyone in the house steel the electronics and be 4 blocks away without issues. Cops are there to make arrests but they can not be held responsible for keeping your house safe. No matter how fast they get there

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    I don't believe the wife's story about the type of relationship she was having with Green. I do think you have a right to protect yourself from an intruder.

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    Let me start by saying that if the story is true, i would've done the exact same thing...you enter my home without permission with intent to do harm to myself or my loved ones and are told multiple times to leave but do not listen, you wont be walking back out.

But....i feel that there is A LOT more to this story than what is being told in the article. Again, i am not saying that the home owner was in anyway wrong (in the story above) but it does sound like his wife and the BG had a history that the homeowner wasn't completely happy with :dunno:

I found the press release from the police...according to it, "The victim was shot by the Pinkerton at some point after he was granted entrance into the residence." (again, assuming that this is factual...who knows)

Edit: forgot the link http://www.aacounty.org/Police/PressReleases/Resources/September_2013/AACOPD_PR_20130915-2.pdf

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    I'm thinking he shot the guy for banging his wife more so than he was in fear for his life. Either way not guilty law is law and should be protected by it. Major mistake on Mr.Greens part for being a Jody and stepping inside the house.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Why do I have a feeling this isn't going to end well ? Sketchy, sordid details, no deadly weapon on the perp, liberal state, just doesn't feel good.

Hope I'm wrong.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    There's way too much going on here to make a judgement off a news story. This does not appear simple self-defense to me. Seems more like marriage-defense

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    There's way too much going on here to make a judgement off a news story. This does not appear simple self-defense to me. Seems more like marriage-defense

Yeah...I'm thinking there's more here too. But then again that statement by the prosecutor that he just could have called 911 seems feeble too.

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    The whole part about the perp busting though the door getting shot proceeding forward getting shot again and some how ending up on the porch seems a little off as well. Must have been using that 45ACP I've heard so much about.

Top Bottom