• BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Published: 02/19/2013 at 9:21 PM

Wow, guess I am behind a little.
    I don't remember this story so thanks for posting it. I hope his father has come to understand why his son was killed and that, at 15 years old, his son was a menace to society. I can't believe Murphy's father actually said this:

I believe this is another one of the Trayvon Martin stories where people are getting so gun happy they shoot just on impulse now. I could understand if he was a threat. But on the property, he was not a threat.

His son was most definitely a threat and had it coming.

The Spud

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hoosier in Exile
    To the grandfather of the 15 year old that was shot and killed, I would ask this: What do you think your 15 year old grandson and his 17 year old friend were doing in that man's backyard at 0130 in the morning? Trimming the man's yard? Pruning the bushes? Did your grandson deserve to be shot? I don't know, I wasn't there. I wasn't privy to the conversation that led up to the shooting, and neither were you. What I do know is this, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to reasonably conclude that given the time, the place, and the characters involved, nothing good was going to happen.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Murphy was 15 years old.

If 15 year boys are old enough to make adult decisions to having relationships with 32 women, they're old enough to get shot and killed like adults. At 15, I had a pretty good idea where my kids were and they weren't outside the house at 1:30 in the morning, uninvited, in a stranger's yard.

St. Louis probably became a slightly better place to live after this.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Good gawd! Proofread your effing thread titles before you post them. It only takes a second, and keeps you from looking like a dumb@ss.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I just read the story yesterday. The first thing I thought to myself was I wonder how long it will take before one (attacker) ends up dead.

Dad always told me,

Never under-estimate your opponent,
    and never over-estimate yourself.

No matter how "bad" you think you are, there's someone "badder" right around the corner.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    title edited. Great thread but I couldn't take seeing perk every time it got bumped. :-)

:orly:

"Konck out game perp. shot and killed." :dunno:

May I respectfully suggest --> "Knock-out game perp shot and killed"

someone%20is%20wrong.jpg

:laugh: :ingo:

Top Bottom