• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    Its posted as a no-no in the hospital I work in. While I'm generally pro-carry anywhere, scrubs are about the worst possible thing to try and keep a firearm in. I can't even bend over to get something I've dropped without all of my pens, phone, and wallet flying out of my pockets like chaff from a fighter jet. I see their reasoning for employee safety since a hospital visit is about the most emotional thing that many can go through, esp if a loved one passes away in hospital care.
    That being said, we've had someone shot in our O.R before, and our security personnel are not allowed weapons of any kind, even in the highest risk area (E.R). Our security guards are woefully outmatched. I guess they could throw their keys at an assailant.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Riley….a children's hospital. Likely have a school room on site.

I'd leave the firearm in the car. Bring a baseball bat if you're that paranoid.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Riley….a children's hospital. Likely have a school room on site.I'd leave the firearm in the car. Bring a baseball bat if you're that paranoid.

I don't know for certain, but I don't think Riley has any type of official school status making it illegal to carry there.

Secondarily, why would wanting to carry there make someone "paranoid?" Don't we get enough of that type of talk from anti-gunners like the Moms with no Sense group? Hospitals have been the scene of several recent high profile shootings and violent attacks. I carried into the ER recently when my wife needed x-rays. I don't think I was paranoid, it was just another stop in which I happened to have my sidearm.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    How many attacks at children's hospitals in America in the last say…..100 years?

And I thank you NOT to confuse me with an anti-gunner. I am anti-stupidity.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    How many attacks at children's hospitals in America in the last say…..100 years?

And I thank you NOT to confuse me with an anti-gunner. I am anti-stupidity.

I'm not suggesting you are anti-gun. I've read enough of your posts to know that's not the case. I'm only pointing out that calling someone's desire to carry "paranoid" sounds like something the anti-gun crowd would say.

One can never predict when they might need their gun, that's why it's recommended that they carry everywhere they are legally able to do so.

You ask about attacks at Children's hospitals, here's an incident from last month in which police shot a violent felon who pulled a gun in the maternity ward. Police shoot, wound man at Wisconsin children's hospital - CNN.com

Here is a story less than a week old that that details the story of a man who opened fire in a clinic and killed a doctor because he thought doctors had botched a surgery more than two years ago. Reno clinic shooter left suicide note claiming botched surgery - U.S. News

Don't you think something like that could happen here? What if somebody loses it after their kid dies in surgery and decides to start attacking nurses.

And don't discount that fact that one may have to travel through a potentially dangerous area just to get to and from the hospital. How many threads are there on this forum with comments from husbands, boyfriends, or fathers concerned for the safety of their wives, girlfriends, or daughters who work in hospitals and walk through parking garages late at night?

I don't think it's paranoid, that's all. I advocate for carrying everywhere that one is legally able to do so.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I'm not suggesting you are anti-gun. I've read enough of your posts to know that's not the case. I'm only pointing out that calling someone's desire to carry "paranoid" sounds like something the anti-gun crowd would say.

One can never predict when they might need their gun, that's why it's recommended that they carry everywhere they are legally able to do so.

You ask about attacks at Children's hospitals, here's an incident from last month in which police shot a violent felon who pulled a gun in the maternity ward. Police shoot, wound man at Wisconsin children's hospital - CNN.com

Here is a story less than a week old that that details the story of a man who opened fire in a clinic and killed a doctor because he thought doctors had botched a surgery more than two years ago. Reno clinic shooter left suicide note claiming botched surgery - U.S. News

Don't you think something like that could happen here? What if somebody loses it after their kid dies in surgery and decides to start attacking nurses.

And don't discount that fact that one may have to travel through a potentially dangerous area just to get to and from the hospital. How many threads are there on this forum with comments from husbands, boyfriends, or fathers concerned for the safety of their wives, girlfriends, or daughters who work in hospitals and walk through parking garages late at night?

I don't think it's paranoid, that's all. I advocate for carrying everywhere that one is legally able to do so.

+1.

Top Bottom