Illinois Concealed Carry License Training now in Indiana

We have two certified Illinois CCL instructors on staff: me and Sgt. Bryan DeYoung.

The first classes will be January 25 and 26, with the second ones on February 15 and 16.

Please go here for clickable enrollment forms Indiana NRA Classes or e-mail me at rbtaldridge@iftrna.com or call 260-459-2382.
    Robert E. Aldridge, NRA Certified Instructor, website: iftnra.com

... but Indiana residents can't currently apply for Illinois CCW, right? I don't believe Indiana has been ruled by the Illinois State Police to have similar enough laws to allow its residents to get Illinois non-resident permits.

Quote Originally Posted by ryknoll3 View Post
    ... but Indiana residents can't currently apply for Illinois CCW, right? I don't believe Indiana has been ruled by the Illinois State Police to have similar enough laws to allow its residents to get Illinois non-resident permits.
    Currently, that is correct, but it will change; however, it is anybody's guess how soon. There is a group in the IL State Police working on this issue, but, right now, the IL State Police has its hands overfull with the tsunami of CCL applications from IL residents. I am in touch with some good people at the IL State Police on a fairly regular basis and am helping every way I can to expedite the process of getting Indiana approved.

Regardless, the training is still required, and those that want to be ready when Indiana is approved can do the training, now, in Indiana. We are ready for just such folks!

Plinker
    Thank you for posting. I have been waiting for Indiana to get approved first.

Quote Originally Posted by Newhoosier View Post
    Thank you for posting. I have been waiting for Indiana to get approved first.
    You are welcome, and I fully understand your waiting until IL declares Indiana "substantially similar."

you can however still have loaded firearm in your car in illinois if you have ltch from indiana. section 40 or 41 of new cc law in illinois. just do not take out of car unloaded in illinois.
    Boobies make me smile

Expert
    Ill pass. I make it a mission in life to never again inject ANY money in to the Illinois economy. (I was born and raised and escaped IL).
    A leader is useless when lost.