• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yosemitesam

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2014
    indianapolis, IN (W
    I'd like to start out with I openly carry virtually every day and hugely support others right to do so. How ever I do at times feel that maybe at least considering concealment is good for public relations. I'll start with the story that brings this to mind. I am the single parent of a now 2.5 year old. I shop at once upon a child for second hand clothing for my son. Now that winter is near over a lot of people are bringing in old winter clothing for summer stuff and I'm prepping for next year. This 20 something guy who looked and spoke as if he was from some Slavic nation was in black tactical pants, old jungle boots, black shirt, and had the Springfield XDM holster and mag pouch openly displayed as he strolled through the shop with the mother of his child. It was very obvious that he was making people nervous...hell even I took a hard look at him. I walked over and said I think he should consider maybe dressing nicer or covering up in some shops. He accused me of being anti-gun and walked away. Usually when I'm out and openly carring I have dress pants and shirt, nice hair cut, trimmed beard, people think either I'm a cop or at least not a thug or terrorist in training. My point I guess is it's about appearance. Much like if you see a person dressed like a street thug you assume he maybe dangerous and avoid him....right? Same thing with us as we are in public. If we are to open carry we may want to be mindful of how we look. Just one mans opinion. I'm by no means saying you can't open carry if you look like a hobo, red neck, street thug, or terrorist. Just simply saying if you do look like those things you may generate a bad image for all of us.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Oh snap Sam! This topic was discussed a couple of years ago. Much butthurt, I felt the heat through my flame suit. I think everyone eventually agreed the tactical flip flops were not fashionable nor practical.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I would have asked him what he carried (I suck at firearm identification unless it's a Glock). And commented that I was glad to see he OCed.

Now I wonder if he's going to post his side of the story.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I would have asked him what he carried (I suck at firearm identification unless it's a Glock). And commented that I was glad to see he OCed.

Now I wonder if he's going to post his side of the story.
    I'm sure someone will be telling his side of the story!

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He had a suitable holster. Whats the problem? Maybe he's security someplace. Maybe back in Boratistan or whatever Baltic state he's from that WAS the equivalent of a suit and tie (or track suit). Maybe him and his old lady are hobos.I simply dont see it was your business and had someone aproached me in a similar manner I may have been a tad more abbrasive. While I do cringe when I see the dork wearing a drop leg platform at the gun show I simply look the other way as long as there's no 'coonfingering'The Bill of Rights doesn't have a caveat or an asterisk saying as long as your not nervous or uncomfortable.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    TONY+POPCORN+001.JPG

yosemitesam

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2014
    indianapolis, IN (W
    Not really much else of the "other side" to tell. Wasn't much to the conversation. He literally said I was anti gun and walked off. Must not have noticed the Moaon Aabe tattoo on my wrist

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Not really much else of the "other side" to tell. Wasn't much to the conversation. He literally said I was anti gun and walked off. Must not have noticed the Moaon Aabe tattoo on my wrist

No, he was probably more concerned with your meddling intrusion into his business than your tattoo.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Looks can be deceiving. Don't judge a book by it's cover... etc etc etc
    [video=youtube;zGOyfkOqh94]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGOyfkOqh94[/video]

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    So -
    When you see me Open Carrying, you should approach and let me know that I need to cut my hair, shave my beard, change my clothes, and basically look more like a cop (or you) before exposing my sidearm again.

Ya - I'd like to see that.

yosemitesam

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2014
    indianapolis, IN (W
    Apparently most are missing what I was saying even though I clearly said I support open carry and that even if you do look like a hobo or terrorist I support your right to open carry. My point was if you know you look like a street thug with a gun tucked into your pants pointed at your junk you shouldn't be at all surprised when people avoid you and don't support open carry. Much like if you showed up at an airport in a white man dress and wires on your waist band people make the connection. ps if you get butt hurt over simple suggestions from someone who clearly said just an opinion you probably should never get on the internet much less one where people share their ideas and opinions.

yosemitesam

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2014
    indianapolis, IN (W
    And you're right maybe in his home country that is acceptable to dress like that. But there's this thing call assimilation aka speak English and learn our customs. Welcome to America! Again no I didn't say because you're a biker you shouldn't carry I love bikers some of the best people I've ever met. I think you're just missing my point

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I see no mention of dress or clothing or clean shaven descriptions anywhere in the constitution, let alone the 2A.
    When I was 16 I had pink hair. Many people didn't like it, and felt the need to tell me how they felt. Hair color isn't even a right.

Perhaps you could have eased the concerns of the patrons, reminding them that they too, had the right to carry a firearm.
    In the video I posted above... should we marvel at how such an 'ugly woman' can sing so well? Or should we ask ourselves why we feel an 'ugly woman' should be considered to not have such a lovely voice?

This is the true melting pot.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Apparently most are missing what I was saying even though I clearly said I support open carry and that even if you do look like a hobo or terrorist I support your right to open carry. My point was if you know you look like a street thug with a gun tucked into your pants pointed at your junk you shouldn't be at all surprised when people avoid you and don't support open carry. Much like if you showed up at an airport in a white man dress and wires on your waist band people make the connection. ps if you get butt hurt over simple suggestions from someone who clearly said just an opinion you probably should never get on the internet much less one where people share their ideas and opinions.

After only 20 posts I am seriously starting to like this guy. But I am in no way going to be standing near him when the poop storm starts raining down. Similar to watching your buddies try to clear out a hornets nest.

I mentioned one time that a friend of mine saw a guy OC in the store without a shirt. I agreed that shirtless shopping was inappropriate. Oh boy that thread went somewhere off into left field.

Top Bottom