• ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    NOTE: Please see entire thread for versions revised per INGO'er suggestions. PDF and doc files are posted in post # 17.

Last night while browsing here I thought of an adaptation of Bill of Rights' "No Guns, No $" card. This pertains more to OC'ers or anyone who wants to start a conversation about handgun carrying here in Indiana.

Cbhausen did the layout work and we both beat the verbiage to death trying to say "just enough". There's plenty to read for a two-sided business card, but we felt we got it down to where everything there is important.

Your input welcome! I'll upload a PDF for everyone's printing pleasure if there's nothing needing major attention. Please forgive the nasty edges; Staples' business card stock absolutely sucks compared to Avery. The unused portion is going back for a refund!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Looks awesome. I tried revamping the no guns no $ card based on Avery brand business card templates with better graphics but gave up. I carry them and luckilly havent yet had the need to hand one out, but wish they looked as good as yours. (the other template doesnt quite line up with my Avery cards)

My suggestion is release it also as an Avery template for word, not a PDF. Odds are those are the cards we are all going to buy and my experience above printing a PDF to Avery cards results in about 10-15% of waste because they dont size properly on the cardstock and some cards the text bleeds off onto the next page. Plus, saving as a PDF makes the cards look bad due to the lower res graphics unless you jack the document quality all the way up.

ETA: If there is room change the last line of legal facts to "I am not required by law to conceal it, though I sometimes might." (or "...I sometimes do." to shorten it)?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Hmmm... maybe change last sentence of legal facts to "Indiana law allows me to carry it openly or concealed at my discretion"?

meh... while I may be splitting hairs, since the law is silent on the matter, Im not sure thats a better choice than even whats in the OP. It leads you to believe the law addresses how when it doesnt. Like I said, I may be getting to nitpicky. hmmmm....

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Hmmm... maybe change last sentence of legal facts to "Indiana law allows me to carry it openly or concealed at my discretion"?

What about something like "Indiana law is silent on carrying openly or concealed. The LTCH merely allows a license holder to carry a gun on his or her person."?

I got the idea from the Indiana State Police website here: http://www.in.gov/isp/files/firearms_FAQ_02_08.pdf

Btw, I think this a great idea! I was going to ask just yesterday if something like this was available on the forums. :)

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Here's a "decluttered" update per INGO'er suggestions. It's much easier to read than the first version. It's really challenging to keep this brief enough for a business card without compromising its message.

We'll toss out both MS Word 2010 (Avery 8371 template) and PDF versions when we're all done beating it up.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Another thought here... I think this works in the "No Guns, No $" role, too. If asked to leave by a business or property owner, you can just politely hand over the card and say something like "Before I take my business elsewhere, I hope you take a brief moment to read this objectively and reconsider your 'no guns' policy".

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I find it a bit pretentious, to each his own.
    pre·ten·tious [pri-ten-shuh
    thinsp.png
    thinsp.png
    s]

adjective
    1. characterized by assumption of dignity or importance, especially when exaggerated or undeserved: a pretentious, self-important waiter.
    2. making an exaggerated outward show; ostentatious.
    3. full of pretense or pretension.

Putting it on a t-shirt would certainly be pretentious. Handing out a card when the situation presents itself (in my experience, usually this would be a positive interaction), is much less so.

Last edited:

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Here's where they stand as of now. Word 2010 (Avery 8371 template) and PDF files attached.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Goodwill Card (BACK).pdf
      72.4 KB · Views: 285
    • Goodwill Card (FRONT).pdf
      184.6 KB · Views: 234
    • Goodwill Card (BACK).doc
      50 KB · Views: 155
    • Goodwill Card (FRONT).doc
      43 KB · Views: 141
    Top Bottom