• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    So my friend and I were window shopping for his next carry pistol. He had a 9mm for awhile but sold it for a Glock 29. Nothing wrong and he swears by the 10mm. He also has a .380 and for the longest time, carried the Bodyguard, but recently switched to a 42 because he called it the perfect pocket gun...even though he hasn't found the right IWB holster for it and doesn't think kydex IWB works...weird. Anyway, he was set to get a Glock 19 but then decided to go smaller to the 26 not because it is smaller, but on the sole reason that it is designed to take all the mags of its bigger brothers...and nothing else. He wasn't even going to argue the size and doesn't mind keeping it as an HD gun. I asked why not the 19 since it's once size up and is considered a combat pistol on par to "full size" guns. He rolled his eyes at me metaphorically and mentioned how the 26 takes all the mags and the 19 only takes its own and 1 step above. He also hates the idea of the "fun stick" because on the sole concept that it doesn't come with grip sleeves to prevent you from holding it wrong and inducing a malfunction.

I am just scratching my head on how he thinks a 26 can truly match its large brothers in terms of all forms of usage. I said if the compact is so superior and just as good as full size why doesn't even military and LEO use subcompact guns as a primary choice. He doesn't care what institutions think, but his own logic.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Nothing wrong with the 26 at all! In my experience, I've seen many actually shoot better with the 26 than the 19. I carry one almost as much as my 19's, and I reload with a 20 round Arredondo mag.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Both are great guns & Glock has a strange tendency to have the smallest versions be the most accurate, too. At least that is what I've read from several sources.
    I have a 19 & a 26 & tend to carry the 26 when wanting better concealment. My spare mags are all G17+2/3 as well, so I never worry about them working in either gun.

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    Guess he really likes the 26. Oh well. At least he knows Glock is a good gun and probably cannot go wrong. Just preference.
    Perhaps he just didn't articulate his reasoning to you well enough.

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    Glock 26 because:

634px-Avengers_Black_Widow.jpeg

What other reason do you need?

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Both are great guns & Glock has a strange tendency to have the smallest versions be the most accurate, too. At least that is what I've read from several sources.

I'm not sure I'd agree with that. My groups are much tighter with my 17 than my 26. Maybe the 17 just fits my hand better with the larger backstrap.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Just an idea, lets not ever have a conversation that involves two men and the words "fun stick" in this forum ever again....

As for the 26 over its larger brothers, whatever works for him. I had a 26 for a while. I picked it up because of its size compared to the other ones. I have shot all the various sizes that Glock makes, and my groups werent any noticeably different. Im sure that velocity would be higher from the longer barrels, but if the shot placement is good, I would think any of them would be just as deadly. If the only reasoning is for mag interchangeability, why not get the 19, and have the grip cut down to accept 26 mags. little more barrel, grip sleeve on the longer barrel makes it as if it were never cut, and shorter mags make it easier to conceal. Best of both worlds.

Top Bottom