• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redryder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Evansville IN
    Stopped at the Texas Road House on our way to the Cardinals vs Canes football game. Had diner and a beer with a LCP in my pocket. We were in Kentucky. I do have a LTCH.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    My first response would be none since you didn't get caught.

My second response is we are responsible gun owners. Anything that is against the law, we avoid at almost all costs. If you were to get caught, you accept the consiquences. But now you brag about it online?

ERASE YOUR POST.

Edit: I do not know the laws in Kentucky. It may be legal, it may not. But since you posed the question like that I figured it is not legal.

redryder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Evansville IN
    The restaurant. The reason the question was asked is because I drank a beer. Kentucky law says you can carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol. it does not say whether or not you can drink a beer.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Unless the laws have changed recently, restaurants are legal (for consumers of alcohol) & "locations receiving at least 51% of their sales from alcohol" are not legal to carry in KY.

Mike Grasso

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 5, 2014
    Westfield
    Just wrong on so many levels.

Using ignorance of local law as an excuse / boast about it on the internet.

Add insult to injury and tell everyone you were consuming alcohol while carrying.

Just a reminder, the internet is not your friend.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Just wrong on so many levels.

Using ignorance of local law as an excuse / boast about it on the internet.

Add insult to injury and tell everyone you were consuming alcohol while carrying.

Just a reminder, the internet is not your friend.

C'mon, Mike. Everybody knows one of the great features of INGO is if you don't want somebody to see your post, they can't see it. Must be so because it happens on a regular basis here.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    No laws broken as far as I am aware. Just can't carry in the bar area of the restaurant. Now if we are going to have a discussion about whether you should drink and carry...I carry in my home, and I drink in my home. Uh oh...blood in the streets!

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    No laws broken as far as I am aware. Just can't carry in the bar area of the restaurant. Now if we are going to have a discussion about whether you should drink and carry...I carry in my home, and I drink in my home. Uh oh...blood in the streets!

The real question is do you receive over 51% of your pleasure at home from drinking? If not you're fine. 52% to 74% you need therapy. 75% or higher you need INGO!

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I though everyone knew that all theses kinds of postings were purely hypothetical.
    It's like asking if you can use a .30-06 for velociraptor hunting in Indiana.

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/kentucky.pdf

(16)
    Except as provided in KRS 527.020, no license issued pursuant to this section shall authorize any person
    to carry a concealed firearm into:
    (e)
    Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense beer or alcoholic beverages for consumption
    on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to that purpose;

Clear as mud..... ?

Carry in Restaurants That Serve Alcohol
    YES ........237.110

Note:
    A YES above means you can carry into places like described below.

Handgunlaw.us definition of Restaurant Carry is carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol. Places like Friday’s. Chili’s or Red Lobster. This may or may not mean the bar or the bar area of a
    restaurant. But you can carry your firearm into a restaurant that serves alcohol and sit and eat without consuming.

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    Unless the laws have changed recently, restaurants are legal (for consumers of alcohol) & "locations receiving at least 51% of their sales from alcohol" are not legal to carry in KY.

So how do you know what percentage of their sales come from alcohol? Missouri has the same percentage law but says nothing on how you are to know.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    So how do you know what percentage of their sales come from alcohol? Missouri has the same percentage law but says nothing on how you are to know.

Several of the establishments have a "No Firearms / Weapons" sign in their window. Even though the sign doesn't carry the weight of the law, using your brain may help you realize that the establishment may be trying to tell you something... I've also see "51%" signs, which are less obtrusive to the Sheeple.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

It's a meaningless distinction which highlights the ridiculous nature of such prohibitions. One must constantly guess whether they are violating this or that arbitrary law despite their actions being peaceful.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN

Oh the horror!!!! I'm sure drinking a beer instantly turned him from a calm, mild-mannered, responsible person into a raging, maniacal, vigilante out for blood... I'm sure that's exactly how it happened...

IMHO, people that make claims like yours (about how irresponsible it is to drink and carry) fall into 3 camps: #1 Has never drank before and therefore has no idea the true effects of alcohol on your system, #2 Cannot control themselves while drinking so they project their lack of self-control onto others, #3 In a state of delusion (confusion maybe?) so deep that they cannot rationally connect the dots between their experiences drinking and how it would affect a situation in which you may need to draw your firearm.

Don't mistake my post for condoning getting sloshed and carrying (even though I think it should remain legal, I do not condone that conduct). There is no magic line of drinking vs. not-drinking that turns a good shoot into a bad shoot, and the line that can affect judgement is different for every single person therefore I think every person should be permitted to know and set their own limts when it comes to drinking and carrying.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    It's a meaningless distinction which highlights the ridiculous nature of such prohibitions. One must constantly guess whether they are violating this or that arbitrary law despite their actions being peaceful.

Never mind the fact that the Applebee's in Crawfordsville may have a different revenue makeup than the Applebee's in Lafayette....

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    Oh the horror!!!! I'm sure drinking a beer instantly turned him from a calm, mild-mannered, responsible person into a raging, maniacal, vigilante out for blood... I'm sure that's exactly how it happened...

IMHO, people that make claims like yours (about how irresponsible it is to drink and carry) fall into 3 camps: #1 Has never drank before and therefore has no idea the true effects of alcohol on your system, #2 Cannot control themselves while drinking so they project their lack of self-control onto others, #3 In a state of delusion (confusion maybe?) so deep that they cannot rationally connect the dots between their experiences drinking and how it would affect a situation in which you may need to draw your firearm.

Don't mistake my post for condoning getting sloshed and carrying (even though I think it should remain legal, I do not condone that conduct). There is no magic line of drinking vs. not-drinking that turns a good shoot into a bad shoot, and the line that can affect judgement is different for every single person therefore I think every person should be permitted to know and set their own limts when it comes to drinking and carrying.

I agree with you. There is no definitive line with alcohol.

One thing you have to consider is a situation where you are forced to use you firearm in self defense. I would not want the aspect of alcohol in my system being used in a possible court case against me if I had to use my firearm for self defense. It is just one more thing that an anti gun prosecutor could attack you with in self defense case. "Impaired judgement" seems like a term that would arise in such a situation. Therefore, I never drink and carry.

It may not be right for a prosecutor to do so, but it is something to consider....

Top Bottom