• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    Alright, so I have had a mossberg 500 with a field barrel for duck hunting and breaking clays, and recently I traded into some ammo and a 18.5 cylinder mossy 500 barrel.

Now, I was wondering what you guys would think about for home defense/WROL loading rubber buckshot or a bean bag round in the chamber, then buckshot in the tube?

I know most people are not in favor of progressive shotgun loads, but I figured 95% of people would be scared off by getting hit with a non lethal round, and im pretty in practice from sporting clays to rack and fire another round.

Now question, for a non-lethal round, would you guys go for a bean bag round or rubber buckshot?

And what are the legal implications of using bean bag rounds in the state of indiana?

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    [h=2][/h]
    Alright, so I have had a mossberg 500 with a field barrel for duck hunting and breaking clays, and recently I traded into some ammo and a 18.5 cylinder mossy 500 barrel.

Now, I was wondering what you guys would think about for home defense/WROL loading rubber buckshot or a bean bag round in the chamber, then buckshot in the tube?

I know most people are not in favor of progressive shotgun loads, but I figured 95% of people would be scared off by getting hit with a non lethal round, and im pretty in practice from sporting clays to rack and fire another round.

Now question, for a non-lethal round, would you guys go for a bean bag round or rubber buckshot?

And what are the legal implications of using bean bag rounds in the state of indiana?​

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    If it has devolved such that a you have to discharge a firearm in self defense, LESS LETHAL rounds are NOT the acceptable option!

scott delaney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    my 870 is loaded with rubber buck shot for first shot and will be followed by #4 buck real quick if threat continues

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    If it has devolved such that a you have to discharge a firearm in self defense, LESS LETHAL rounds are NOT the acceptable option!

This x100.

As for legality, you have to be justified in using deadly force regardless of the round you use. If the situation warrants deadly force to resolve, there is no sense in *****-footing around trying to "work your way up" to stopping them. 00 Buck.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Keep in mind that pointing a loaded gun at another person is in and of itself lethal force, even though the gun might be loaded with less then lethal ammunition. At the risk of being a smart @$$, anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. I wouldn't mess with gimmicky shotgun rounds. Plus you aren't shooting clays.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    What they said. the only reason i have less lethal is for critter control. when it comes to my life its 00buck and slugs only

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    You're adding analysis and decisions to a situation that already requires plenty of both. I think simpler is better. The only non-lethal thing you're likely to get from my shotgun is a muzzle punch to the teeth.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    rubber-band-gun-holds-10-shots.jpg

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I don't like the idea of having less lethal ammo in a home defense situation. If someone has broken into my home while I'm in it then I have to assume they aren't there to bring me cookies and milk. Although none of us want to ever have to kill another human being, I can't bear taking my chances that they will just scare off and leave. Plus, the bean bag rounds can still be lethal. Safariland recommends a 25-50ft range. Very close range shots can penetrate into the body, and any shots to the head can be deadly.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I don't like the idea of having less lethal ammo in a home defense situation. If someone has broken into my home while I'm in it then I have to assume they aren't there to bring me cookies and milk. Although none of us want to ever have to kill another human being, I can't bear taking my chances that they will just scare off and leave. Plus, the bean bag rounds can still be lethal. Safariland recommends a 25-50ft range. Very close range shots can penetrate into the body, and any shots to the head can be deadly.

But in the off chance they are actually there to share their cookies...I bet you would want a bean bag round? :cool:

Top Bottom