• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    Today I was in Walmart. I saw a young man in his early 20s wearing baggy jeans and an unbuttoned flannel shirt over a tee shirt. Tucked into his belt but outside of his pants was a large frame revolver, probably a S&W 586 or a knock-off. He was carrying in the appendix position. He was in desperate need of a holster. It was weighing his belt and pants down even lower. He needed someone to come along side him and give a piece of friendly advice. I'm not really that guy so I just said, "Exercising your open carry right." And gave him a thumbs up. While some might say I should have addressed the lack of holster issue, he didn't ask for my advice even if the holster would be safer. Some would say it would be safer for him to leave it at home, but the liberals would have us start by leaving it at home and feeding us the line about how society would be safer if we didn't exercise our rights.

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    I saw a young man (early 20's) carrying a full size Glock in the back pocket of some baggy cutoff BDU pants in a Wal-mart in Shelbyville a few months back. The entire grip was exposed and it was pulling (his pants) down enough that it made it even look more obvious and amateurish.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    At least his S&W revolver has a double action trigger and a 'hammer-block'. It'll be harder for him to hurt himself.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I hope he doesn't hurt himself, or somebody else, or the gun when if falls out and skids across the concrete.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I definitely would have said something to him discreetly. I would have at least pointed him to an LGS or at the very least Gander Mountain and recommended he find a holster.

Depending on how the conversation went, I might have pointed out that having an unholstered gun shoved into the waist band of his pants makes him look like a two-bit mope about to hold the place up.

I'm sure it would be better to hear it from a sympathetic person like myself before one of the busy body uptight moms called the cops on him.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Sounds pretty traditional to me.

PirateIntroS.JPG

It just depends on who's traditions we're talking about.

pirate1.jpg

"Pirate carry", coming to a Wal-mart near you.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    A sash should be mandatory for that type of carry.

I believe I proposed reintroducing the sash to the modern wardrobe (no pirate context) a few months ago and few were interested in my idea.

Now the pistol is in the other waistband, eh? Eh?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    So pirate carry is between the belt and pants, up front. Andy carry is between your skin (and other body parts) and the jeans.

Got it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So pirate carry is between the belt and pants, up front. Andy carry is between your skin (and other body parts) and the jeans.

Got it.

We're going to need a sticky for this. Pirate carry, Andy carry, Mexican carry, Magnum PI carry, it's going to be overwhelming for new members.

Themoreyouknow.jpg

Top Bottom