• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jzwhts

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Mooresville
    I went to the PNC bank on Kentucky avenue close to Holt road today. They have two sets of doors with a metal detector in between. If you set it off, you can not open the second set of doors. Guard posted inside first set of doors. There were no real instructions what to do if you set it off. You are supposed to push the call button for them to let you in. Guy inside the bank asked if I had steel toe boots on which I did, he then by buzzed me in. I was wondering does the metal detector reveal what height level the metal is located (shoes or the plate in ones head). Is it that bad in Mars Hill these days or is it un-local folks. Anyway, I don't have a steel plate in my head.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Those things are becoming fairly common in banks. Several people have reported being "outed" by them. I never thought about the steel toe boot angle before though!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I have no idea how the metal detector you encountered worked but I think in the 90's there was something that came out that would allow them to know the height of a certain object. They still use wands sometimes but that may be for metal screws/plates etc. Or whatever it is that set it off to be precise. This would be more like an airport or other security check points and probably not to enter a bank...

So were you ankle carrying? If so that may answer your question, otherwise maybe he gets a lot of guys who set off the alarm with their steel toes.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have no idea how the metal detector you encountered worked but in the 90's there was something that came out that would allow them to know the height of a certain object. They still use wands sometimes but that may be for metal screws/plates etc. Or whatever it is that set it off to be precise. This would be more like an airport or other security check points and probably not to enter a bank...

So were you ankle carrying? If so that may answer your question, otherwise maybe he gets a lot of guys who set off the alarm with their steel toes.

Lots of blue collar types in that area, and a fair share of industry within blocks too. i could see that too.

I wonder if they expect a thug to say "uh, no, but I have a gun. I was going to rob the place, so can you let me in, please?"

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The only experience I have with metal detectors only said "yes" or "no" to the presence of metal. We used those scanners that make people look like naked Smurfs for more precise searching. This was for foreigners entering a military installation.

Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    PNC used to be National City years ago. Back in the late ninety's, or early 2000's they had a branch at Raymond and Southeastern with the same set up at the front door. I really can't blame them for going to this, seems like every day you hear about another bank robbery.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    PNC used to be National City years ago. Back in the late ninety's, or early 2000's they had a branch at Raymond and Southeastern with the same set up at the front door. I really can't blame them for going to this, seems like every day you hear about another bank robbery.

So put the cashiers behind bulletproof polly.
    Why should I be defenseless in an are that has proven the need for defense?

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    There's a difference between slowing down an aggressor and preventing a legal carry.

Before I stopped doing business there, I'd answer their questions as honestly and briefly as possible.

"No" to steel-toed shoes.

If the guard starts getting personal, I may choose to leave instead. But perhaps he has no specific instructions to turn away legal carry. ???

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Security guard doesn't like the machine and is giving people an easy way to enter (boots, right?). :rockwoot:

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I'm a PNC customer, albeit in Hamilton Co., but I have never seen such a thing in any branch up here. Anyone know if that place has a history of being robbed?
    I'm also in the "I cant say I blame them boat. Lots of bad happening at banks nowadays. If they asked me why I set it off, I would simply say that I'm legally carrying...is that a problem? If they prohibited entry, I would go to the drive thru and close my account.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    WE do not bank at PNC but we will use the fun ticket machines there as it is convenient. They have put in the detectors.

Thank the ever growing thug culture for this.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The Huntington Bank branch near me has this same set up as well, although I don't know about the metal detector. They have to buzz everyone in.

Top Bottom