• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Texas ?good guy with a gun? shoots carjacking victim in head ? then runs away

...police say that an armed man’s attempt to stop a carjacking went terribly wrong on Saturday night when he shot the vehicle’s owner in the head, then fled the scene.... two men jumped the owner of a Chevrolet pickup truck and absconded with his vehicle.
    As the men struggled with the car-owner, a passerby produced a gun and fired multiple shots, missing the thieves but striking the victim in the head.
    The shooter quickly gathered up his shell casings from the pavement and fled the scene.

So much fail. I have to wonder what went through this guy's head. I'm going to be a hero! I'm going to be a hero! I screwed the pooch! Time to GTFO of here!

Don't be this guy. Presumably the carjackers are tied up with the guy they are fighting, I doubt they have the situational awareness to realize someone else is about to enter the fracas. If you're going to get involved, work the angles so the victim isn't in your line of fire. Hit what you aim at, preferably, but how many of us are 100% every time any time? Right. Think about the angles, the backdrop, etc. if you have the luxury of time and surprise.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Now, he's undoubtedly going to jail because of compounding the gross error in judgment of shooting when unsure of his targets by tampering with the crime scene, then fleeing.
    Fail

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    So much fail here I'm not even sure where to start.

1) I'm not shooting anybody over a vehicle.
    2) Just shooting at the group and hoping for the best is a major fail.
    3) Hero mentality.... Fail

mpholic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    SELF defense. I'm sorry I know it sounds awful but I'm not going to risk my life for a complete stranger who after all is said and done will probably sue you. I know karma is a (female dog) and someday I may need a strangers help someday and not get it....

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    SELF defense. I'm sorry I know it sounds awful but I'm not going to risk my life for a complete stranger who after all is said and done will probably sue you. I know karma is a (female dog) and someday I may need a strangers help someday and not get it....

We risk our life everyday just getting out of bed. Near misses by someone texting on their phone or distracted driving of some sort. Random shots from stray guns kill people somewhere everyday. The list goes on and on if you really want to ponder on it. I am alive today because someone got involved to help save my life. My life was already spared so I will get involved to help another.

I was in Muncie Friday evening taking my son to dinner for his Birthday. He attends Ball State and was happy to have any food other than Ramen Noodles. After dinner I stopped at Walgreens on McGalliard so Mrs Glue could pick up a couple things. I decided to rent my Grandkids a movie from Redbox that was located at Walgreens. While I was making my selection two young college girls were walking from their car to the Redbox machine when a couple baggy pant thugs were talking their street garbage and saying they had weed and that they were going with the girls to show them a good time.

The girls approached me and asked if I would act like I was with them, because they were afraid. I said that I would be happy to help them. I pointed to the car where my wife, daughter and grandchildren were located to let them know I was a good guy. After making my selections I waited for them to make their selections and safely return to their vehicle and leave. I knew they were safe because the thugs were on foot with no way to follow them.

I then used the opportunity to talk about the situation with my family including my grandchildren.

There will always be risks in everything we do. Thats why we train and learn how to minimize the risk.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Nothing good can work out of this story. Baby shoes hanging from the mirror.

I'm also of the thinking that this was not a hero but a part of the perp team.

Thankfully the story has changed and the bystander didn't shoot the victim.

Last edited:

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Different report of the incident:

Witness who fired on carjackers sought after northwest Houston attack | abc13.com

HOUSTON --
    A man was carjacked and beaten after he walked out of the Valero gas station late Saturday night in northeast Houston. But someone else who witnessed the crime helped end the attack.

The attack happened on Kelley at Jensen around 11pm.

A man said he was hit on the head near a bus station on the edge of the parking lot. A witness saw what happened and as two suspects got in the man's truck to escape, the witness pulled out a gun and shot at the departing truck.

The suspect ditched the truck about three blocks away.

Police found blood inside the truck. Investigators aren't sure if the blood belongs to the suspect or the truck's owner.
    The truck's owner is in the hospital recovering.

The witness who shot at the suspects didn't wait at the Valero for police to arrive. Police, who are still looking for a suspect, want to speak to the witness for help in their search.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    And the part about picking up brass has disappeared from the story as well...

Yes. Although the witness's action of shooting at the fleeing carjackers was ill advised, at least he did not shoot the victim in the head as originally reported.

Aside from the inherent tragedy, such an incident would have been used and abused by gun control advocates as an example of how any "good guy with a gun" is only another accident waiting to happen.

Top Bottom